Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    The majority of my gear is custom from Jared. Awesome communication, great prices and top notch craftsmanship. His site is my go-to for most small DIY stuff as well, because of the free shipping after 15 dollars. Just recently got a silpoly hex tarp with head end doors custom from him and it is a work of art. His passion for what he does is exemplified by getting exactly what I ask made in like a day. Still wondering how he does it so fast!!!

i have a double layer hammock from simply light as well as a winter haven tarp. both great products and fast turn around. I am going to try out one of the trail lairs next to see if i like the integrated net system.

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I don't have the time to be able to say enough good things about Jared and his work. You wont find a better price for that level of work either. I doubt you could find better work for more. Thank You Jared! I cant wait to purchase another hammock from him.

Quote Originally Posted by cholla28 View Post
    The majority of my gear is custom from Jared. Awesome communication, great prices and top notch craftsmanship. His site is my go-to for most small DIY stuff as well, because of the free shipping after 15 dollars. Just recently got a silpoly hex tarp with head end doors custom from him and it is a work of art. His passion for what he does is exemplified by getting exactly what I ask made in like a day. Still wondering how he does it so fast!!!
    I'm a big supporter of Jared's and I still believe he needs his own vendor subforum here someday. How about posting a pic of the tarp with the head end doors? Sounds like a very interesting design......

Hammock
    Streamliner
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    LL,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I'm a big supporter of Jared's and I still believe he needs his own vendor subforum here someday.
    I 2nd that.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have yet to order my first hammock, but am pretty sure it's going to be a Trail Lair. Michigandave has been gracious enough to answer my never ending list of questions this past week and has been a great help in addition to my emails with Jared.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Woodsman View Post
    I have yet to order my first hammock, but am pretty sure it's going to be a Trail Lair. Michigandave has been gracious enough to answer my never ending list of questions this past week and has been a great help in addition to my emails with Jared.
    Glad to be able to offer my humble opinion. Youll be a happy hanger!

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    As soon as I get a chance I definitely will... Had ankle surgery and moved back to college apartment so haven't had a place or the ability to set-up. It is a thing of beauty though. Basically half TH half WH... charcoal grey silpoly with regular d-rings and shockcorded mini glow line locks ... I use a CRL with lash it prussics and 35 ft. of zing it with a wasp. Also use Camo CF tarp skins. I found that many people use doors only on the head end, and wanted to have better coverage for 3.5 season use.. also only having doors on one end saves weight, and I dont have to carry grizzbeaks around with a TH.

Quote Originally Posted by cholla28 View Post
    As soon as I get a chance I definitely will... Had ankle surgery and moved back to college apartment so haven't had a place or the ability to set-up. It is a thing of beauty though. Basically half TH half WH... charcoal grey silpoly with regular d-rings and shockcorded mini glow line locks ... I use a CRL with lash it prussics and 35 ft. of zing it with a wasp. Also use Camo CF tarp skins. I found that many people use doors only on the head end, and wanted to have better coverage for 3.5 season use.. also only having doors on one end saves weight, and I dont have to carry grizzbeaks around with a TH.
    Looking forward to seeing it. Jared made me a set of doors for my Trail Haven that have served me well, but I did splurge on a 12' Winter Haven last fall for hunkering in on those cold and snowy Michigan winter outings. Sounds like your set up is the best of both worlds .

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12