Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

TATO Gear Hammock Stand UPDATE

Hi, folks!

Got a few things to touch on this morning. First of all, due to an overwhelming response in the orders of our Hammock Stand Kit what was originally intended to be a 50-unit run is turning into quite a bit more.

There's no reason to worry if you wanted to get in on this pre-order but didn't get a chance to. Because of the response we've gotten, the Hammock Stand Kit is staying on our website and available for order for the foreseeable future. Hooray!

Also, the metal pole leg option has proven to be infinitely more popular than the original wooden leg option that the stand was introduced with. With that, we've discontinued the wooden leg option for the Hammock Stand Kit in favor of the metal pole leg option. The wooden leg option is still on the website as an option but will show an "out of stock" notification and won't be coming back. And of course, before too long the standalone conversion kits that allow you to use the metal pipe legs with the original wood leg stand kits are coming out...so that's another option available soon.

As always, while you're there checking out your next (and one could argue, the best ever) hammock stand be sure to check out the latest (but surely not the last) iteration of the Element Stove, the "Mini-E," and our line of hammock hardware convenience items (like Quilt Hangers, The Hangle, Ridgeline Quilt Hooks, and more).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Offering fine and unique outdoor products for the serious hiker and hammocker.
    Available at the following retailers:Tier Gear, Dutchware

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Looks nice, wish that I could afford a set

Hammock
    HH Deluxe/ DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by lubbockhammockguy View Post
    Looks nice, wish that I could afford a set
    Thanks for the interest. We definitely get the "that'd be nice to have, but it's not in the budget" scenario - it's a familiar feeling. At $120 for the basic kit which doesn't include the legs nor the top rail (all of which are available pretty inexpensively at your local home improvement store...or should be. The local Lowe's carries 10' sticks of the conduit needed at $6.40 each) you don't come out as cheaply as you would if you went "total DIY" on the project but you absolutely come out cheaper than anything else on the market.

Also, if you're using 6' legs if you break those down into 3' sections using the extender plug, it makes transport a breeze.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    is it ok to break down the horizontal support into 3' sections from a 12' beam?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    You COULD, but here's the thing - the more sections you make, the weaker the structure becomes. You definitely wouldn't want to break the thing down into 4 3' sections. 3 4' sections might be manageable depending on your weight. Consider the old adage, "the more moving parts a thing has, the more things there are that can break." For transport purposes, you definitely could and we may even look into testing that with our designated test hanger...but just please stay cognizant of that fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    With the feet you provide, how much of an issue is there with the legs slipping and spreading too far on wood floors? With my wood leg set I had to put eye bolts with rope to limit leg spread.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    With the feet you provide, how much of an issue is there with the legs slipping and spreading too far on wood floors? With my wood leg set I had to put eye bolts with rope to limit leg spread.
    The feet for the new metal leg stand are designed with exactly that in mind - they're built to work well not just outdoors, but indoors as well. That includes on hardwood floors. We should have pictures of everything ready in short order. We'll definitely be posting updates (which includes pictures) as they're available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    The overlap of the sections would play a major role in how sturdy it would remain

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    i use 4 3' sections of chain-link fence railing without any issues on my "spurtle" stand, so i suppose that's an option instead of the 1" conduit for the horizontal support if you really need to keep all the sections at 3' or under.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-Spurtle-Stand

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Tato, what would you think the wieght capacity or limit woud be using the conduit you suggest??
    And i ordered mine awhile back but i did not order enough couplers to break down the legs, can i order them now and recieve them with my stand kit??, if so will you please provide me with the link?
    Thanks, can't wait to get mine set up , plan on using it mostly in the house but also out side from time to time as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast