Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I keep increasing the limit of the Hexon 1.6. I think I can safely say it is still comfortable with 350 pounds in it. The extra ripstop really goes a long way to controlling stretch. I had it loaded with 400+ pounds and it. An 11 foot hammock come in at 11 ounces with stuff sack.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I keep increasing the limit of the Hexon 1.6. I think I can safely say it is still comfortable with 350 pounds in it. The extra ripstop really goes a long way to controlling stretch. I had it loaded with 400+ pounds and it. An 11 foot hammock come in at 11 ounces with stuff sack.
    Ahhh I just ordered a Hexon 1.6 and this answers questions I was going to have to answer experimentally

I'm hoping the wife and I (combined weight ~375) will be able to sit together in it just to lounge at camp. Looks like the weight won't be too much of a concern for safety. I was torn between the 1.6 and the 2.4 but as long as the 1.6 will hold us I much prefer to push the margins a bit to save weight and space in the pack. We're both losing weight anyway so maybe in a month or two we'll be inside that 350lb rated limit

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I got my 2.4 today and I must say that I am really impressed with how it feels and it doesn't really weigh more than my other hammocks,
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    Dutch & DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    H. Anchors, Straps
    I got my 1.6 the other day and love it. The feel of the material is amazing over my previous ENO. The hexon is soft and feels like a mixture of cotton/polyester/spandex with none of that cotton "fuzz" texture.
    Formerly known as - SloGo

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Got my Hexon 2.4 already and tried it over the weekend. The only thing I have to compare it to is ENO DN. The ENO is now my back up or spare because I love this thing. The fabric feels much better on my skin. I wouldn't quite describe it as a T-shirt, but but definitely soft. The ENO always felt kind of weird and scratchy on my skin, but this is cozy. I set my SRL at 83% and got a really nice flat lay without feeling like my shoulder was being turned in. Although I still got a slight calf ridge, it was barely noticeable and I can probably make some adjustments to the sag. I don't sense any stretch in this thing either. and i weigh 300. My only negative is I wished it was a little wider, but it really isn't a big deal; I'm just used to the width of the ENO DN. Th extra width of the ENO made up for it's shorter length a little because I could lay at more of an angle, but the extra length of the Dutch means I don't have to lay at as much of an angle which also means it's easier to get better coverage from my UQ because we are closer to parallel. My over-all rating 10/10. I've been hanging indoors off and on over the past year but have not gotten rid of my bed. This hammock may have me closer to going 100% indoor hang. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it.
    Last edited by SpitballJedi; 08-17-2015 at 11:35.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I am really glad for these reviews. I tried to make the perfect hammock material and I thought I nailed it but it takes others to verify it. I also have a lighter weight than the 1.6 coming. in about a week. I can't wait to try it.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym Hex
    Insulation
    C Pepper, Wht Clou
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Slept in my Hexon 2.4 last night for the first time. I'm really liking it. Pad users really need to check this fabric out. It's got just enough texture to it to keep a pad (my Wally World blue with the texture on one side) from sliding around. And I change sides and move around a lot in my sleep. This fabric is a home run Dutch!

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I am just back from an overnighter with my 2.4. Although my hang wasn't the best (it was the best I could find), the hammock was much more comfortable and supportive than my other ones and I had the best sleep outdoors in years.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon1.0 Netless
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Gen4
    Insulation
    EE-Prodigy KAQ-Jar
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I am really glad for these reviews. I tried to make the perfect hammock material and I thought I nailed it but it takes others to verify it. I also have a lighter weight than the 1.6 coming. in about a week. I can't wait to try it.
    Ugh, lighter weight in only a week. Dutch now you're going to make me order another one.....!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    If you double layer it does it bring the weight capacity up? I'm still looking for a reasonably priced hammock for my friend. I'd be more comfortable with a 500lb weight rating.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast