Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    There is no right or wrong way to do it and it's hard to mess it up. Remember, there are no hard and fast rules and most of us will have a few different ways we use to do the same thing and our favorite way as well. Just don't damage the line is about the only rule.

The good thing about large group hangs is to see how others either DIY their rigs or how the other vendor's hammocks look so take advantage of group hangs in your area. Sometimes you find what can work better than what your doing then pass the info on to others. In the meantime, you may even move on to another way as well.

Have fun hanging in glory and don't worry about the little stuff.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    With most ridgelines I have made, I just slip it over the loop...No larkshead or anything... that much I am not confused about. Decided to try out biner on one end... Just didn't know if I was supposed to clip it a certain way. Thanks, It can be easy to over complicate !

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla28 View Post
    With most ridgelines I have made, I just slip it over the loop...No larkshead or anything... that much I am not confused about. Decided to try out biner on one end... Just didn't know if I was supposed to clip it a certain way. Thanks, It can be easy to over complicate !
    I guess the larkshead isn't necessary. I just like for that end to stay fixed in the same place. In fact, both my ends are fixed: one is larksheaded onto one continuous loop, and the other connects to the Dutch biner clipped on the other continuous loop. They never go anywhere. It seems just slipping it over the loop would also result in it unslipping.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 08-05-2015 at 00:50.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by cholla28 View Post
    Just to add to the complexity issue:

On my netted hammock, I have the SRL going through the middle of the gather on each end so it's a relatively permanent part of the rig. When I added a ridge line 'biner to the picture (to be able to get the SRL out of the way when the net is removed and I want to use it as a lounger) I replaced one end with a short dogbone and shortened the SRL accordingly, accounting for the length of the 'biner of course. Instant conversion whenever I want it with no loose parts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12