Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My first hammock didn't have a bug net and I could never get comfortable because I was always swatting bugs?

I built a hammock stand this past weekend. Made it in the living room while my wife was at work. Slept in my Dutch hammock last night for the first time. We had alll the Windows open (56*f) and the ceiling fan on. I woke up cold at 430 and crawled into bed. For what it's worth it was hard to fall asleep I don't know why. At one point I was on my side in an almost fetal position (cold). Hammock was very comfortable. Again 6' and 230 ish pounds. Going to try again tonight but Windows closed.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
    We had alll the Windows open (56*f) and the ceiling fan on. I woke up cold at 430 and crawled into bed.
    For around $30 I bought a poncho liner and made a poncho liner under quilt http://theultimatehang.com/2013/01/d...ew-and-no-sew/ using the no-sew option. Now I've bought a good down under quilt for colder weather and I'll use my PLUQ for warmer weather.
    Here is one poncho liner option: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

I got into hammocks a few months back and since I have a sewing machine I made my first one, and several since, and I'm happy with them, but if I had it to do over again I'd start off with a Half Wit from Dutch...1.2 model, I've already spent much more than it would have cost making hammocks and suspensions...but I did enjoy it and it's a learning experience.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234