Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Clark vs. Warbonnet

OK. I'm going with the WB.

Now and as stated earlier, I'm primarily a winter guy and I don't retain much heat with my scrawny body consisting primarily of bone, muscle and sinew. So the underquilt is most likely a must for 20 and below. I try not to stay out too much in that kind of temp, but somehow it often finds me on the weekends that I can get out so I don't let it stop me.

Brandon offers what looks like to be a nice UQ and obviously it works for his design, but are there better deals out there? I used to do a ton of DIY projects, but I simply don't have the time anymore.

Also you mentioned the WXguard...I think that's what Clark calls it...and getting some other version. Can you provide me with a link please?

Thanks,

Shane

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaner View Post
    Also you mentioned the WXguard...I think that's what Clark calls it...and getting some other version. Can you provide me with a link please?

Thanks,

Shane

Here ya go

Lots and lots of quilt options for the BB.
    KAQ, JRB, Yeti, Te-Wa, Speer, etc.

I just ordered a winter Te-Wa. Very similar to the winter Yeti.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaner View Post
    I'm not sure I'm far enough along to ask great questions, but I'll make an observation and let's assume for a moment that money is not in the picture.

The WB doesn't appear to be as sophisticated...or maybe someone would call it advanced, BUT the gentleman producing the hammock seems to be held in very high regard...sooo there's probably some marketing plots that have worked on me for the time being.

That being said, I presume that the WB is just as WXproof as the N150, but one can't exactly determine that from the video on the website.

I also am a side-sleeper and the WB looks to be a bit more confining/conforming than the N150...which one is the better option here?

As stated earlier, I'm primarily a winter camper so ease of providing heat loss protection is of primary concern.

What is the reasoning behind choosing to own both of them (..could be just because, but curious)?

Thanks,

Shane
    I agree, I have them both. Bought the clark na than the wb. I'm 5'9 150 pounds, and the na is a good fit for me. Comparitively I think the clark is more constricting than the WB. I also have broad shoulders, so it could be just my fault
    I especially liked the idea of the pockets on the clark. I think this feature was what sold me on it.

I've slept in fetal position, and on my back comfortably. If you're looking for a roomier hammock, I would say the warbonnet is roomier IMO.

When I bought them, originally before I knew much about hammock camping I thought I would use the Clark NA for coldweather camping and my Blackbird for summer. Obviously after spending more time on this site and around other hangers, the warbonnet functions just fine in the winter with the proper accessories.

Don't know if this helps, just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I wish I would have taken one of the WB rigs for a test spin when we were at the Northern Hang. I have the Clark NX-200 and have never been in any other hammock, other than the average backyard rig.
    That said, I find my Clark super comfy, and I can get enough of a diagonal lay to be pretty flat. Can also curl up on my side in it no problem. I'm 5'8", 150 pounds.
    LOVE the weathershield and bug net system. HATE the stock tarp. Haven't made any real use out of the pockets yet, other than to hold a book one night.
    I know it won't be my last hammock though... I'm working on plans for a DIY asym type hammock right now.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    switchback
    someone mentioned there are many options for the WBB underquilt....which ones are recommened for clark nx-200?

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    someone mentioned there are many options for the WBB underquilt....which ones are recommened for clark nx-200?
    Far as I know pretty much any of the popular underquilts will work on the Clarks. Te-Wa, Yeti, Speer Snugfit, JrB Mt. Washington, etc etc.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

If you are still looking for a Clarks to try I have an older NM that has been used only a few times you can borrow...I'm in Missouri

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12