Bearded Hanger 11'
    Tarp
    Monster Tarp
    Insulation
    HG TQ/LocoLibre UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopies

New Bearded Hanger Hammock

A while back I ordered an 11' DL hammock made from the 72" XL Hyper 1.6 knowing there would be a wait before Michael at the Bearded Hanger was able to get the material. I received it yesterday. This morning I made my suspension and set it up. I made 8" continuous loops out of 1/8" amsteel and a ridgeline out 7/64" amsteel (overkill, I know). Up to this point I have only hung in an ENO DN. For years I didn't know the cottage markets existed.

After I hung it I thought 11' was probably more than I needed and of course 72" is exessive... and then I put my 6' 285 self in it. Oh my! I can get an almost perfectly flat lay in it. I only spent about an hour in it but it is going to be a great sleeper. The colors are Dark Olive outside and Charcoal Gray inside. It came in a double ended stuffsack which is a little larger than it needs to be but that allows for the suspension to fit in easily. If compressed the whole package is just a little larger than a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle. I motorcycle/4x4 camp so weight isn't that big of deal to me and as such I didn't weigh it. The stitching looks perfect. I really could not detect any stretch in the material and it is very soft to the touch. Michael was very attentive and answered all of my emailed questions quickly. I can't wait to get into the desert to give it a real test.

I know there are a lot of good vendors associated with HF but if you are in the market for a new hammock take a look at The Bearded Hanger. He does great work.

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Wanted a hammock different than my single 11' cover and bug net attached with standard outdoor colors. So I contacted Michael at The Bearded Hanger after answering several emails an order was placed for at the time he offered The Full Beard. What was different colors robin egg blue over blurple, knotty mod both sides head and foot double 10.5' Looked over found no imperfections. Patience Michael has a disclosure two weeks. Close to this deadline he sent an email almost done will ship shortly.
    What else but to add an improvement detachable bug net and cover weighing ounces. Enter Sheltowee Boone topper 1.1 sky blue and Nano-see-um Alex was also great to work with. If looking these are still on sale.

Sky blue, robin egg, blurple, 10.5 double hammock.

Off to the aspens this September to give setup the outdoor test.
    image.jpg
    Arrived
    image.jpg
    Added adjustable ridgeline
    image.jpg
    With pad
    image.jpg
    Color
    image.jpg
    Cover, bug net
    image.jpg
    No ridgeline
    image.jpg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 08-01-2015 at 16:18.

Hammock
    The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ipokebadgers View Post
    A while back I ordered an 11' DL hammock made from the 72" XL Hyper 1.6 knowing there would be a wait before Michael at the Bearded Hanger was able to get the material. I received it yesterday. This morning I made my suspension and set it up. I made 8" continuous loops out of 1/8" amsteel and a ridgeline out 7/64" amsteel (overkill, I know). Up to this point I have only hung in an ENO DN. For years I didn't know the cottage markets existed.

After I hung it I thought 11' was probably more than I needed and of course 72" is exessive... and then I put my 6' 285 self in it. Oh my! I can get an almost perfectly flat lay in it. I only spent about an hour in it but it is going to be a great sleeper. The colors are Dark Olive outside and Charcoal Gray inside. It came in a double ended stuffsack which is a little larger than it needs to be but that allows for the suspension to fit in easily. If compressed the whole package is just a little larger than a 32 ounce Nalgene bottle. I motorcycle/4x4 camp so weight isn't that big of deal to me and as such I didn't weigh it. The stitching looks perfect. I really could not detect any stretch in the material and it is very soft to the touch. Michael was very attentive and answered all of my emailed questions quickly. I can't wait to get into the desert to give it a real test.

I know there are a lot of good vendors associated with HF but if you are in the market for a new hammock take a look at The Bearded Hanger. He does great work.

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you liked the hammock. When I have time, I am going to make one just like it for myself. It is a really great color combination. Happy Hanging & Beard On!
    BeardedHanger.com - Custom Made Hammocks and Accessories, Made in the USA

10% off entire order by entering HammockForums.net during checkout

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter

Hammock
    The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by arczeneb View Post
    Wanted a hammock different than my single 11' cover and bug net attached with standard outdoor colors. So I contacted Michael at The Bearded Hanger after answering several emails an order was placed for at the time he offered The Full Beard. What was different colors robin egg blue over blurple, knotty mod both sides head and foot double 10.5' Looked over found no imperfections. Patience Michael has a disclosure two weeks. Close to this deadline he sent an email almost done will ship shortly.
    What else but to add an improvement detachable bug net and cover weighing ounces. Enter Sheltowee Boone topper 1.1 sky blue and Nano-see-um Alex was also great to work with. If looking these are still on sale.

Sky blue, robin egg, blurple, 10.5 double hammock.

Off to the aspens this September to give setup the outdoor test.
    image.jpg
    Arrived
    image.jpg
    Added adjustable ridgeline
    image.jpg
    With pad
    image.jpg
    Color
    image.jpg
    Cover, bug net
    image.jpg
    No ridgeline
    image.jpg
    Thank you for your order. I can't wait to see it hung in the wild. The photo of your campsite in the aspens looks awesome. Happy Hanging & Beard On!
    BeardedHanger.com - Custom Made Hammocks and Accessories, Made in the USA

10% off entire order by entering HammockForums.net during checkout

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter

• + New Posts