Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hexon 1.6?

Hexon 1.6?

So i've been lurking a bit on your website waiting for grey argon to come back into stock, and stumbled across this fabric.

I'll assume this this a fabric and not the protein found in the cell walls of adenoviruses, if its that type of hexon i don't want any!

Anyhoo, the reason i ask is that although I'm loving the poly d hammock, I'm finding the slickness a bit tricky sometimes. Also, i wanted to try a stretchier fabric because i haven't really tried one before and variety is the spice of life (or so i've heard).

Anyhow, any first impressions on how this fabric compares with the other offerings, specifically the argon and poly d? Also any word on when new argon will be arriving?

Thanks a bunch

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Likewise I've been waiting for the out of stock 11 footers to come back in as I've come to realize I much prefer my sons NylonD to my WBBB .... and now I see this Hexon and Dobby in some gorgeous colours!

I'm seriously loving the Red Poppy, Salmon, Dark Olive & Olive Green ..

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hexon is my newest line of fabric. I think you will love it, especially if you don't like slick fabric. It will be in several weights and a great range of colors. The Hexon 2.4 has been tested with will over 400 pounds. The secret is the type of thread used and also the web like ripstop.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

How about in terms of stretch? More like argon, NylonD, or PolyD? Will we be able to order a hammock body from you eventually?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    The 1.6 has an incredible feel and the stretch would be a little less than NylonD and a little more than PolyD. The 4 way ripstop cradles you like a baby. The 2.4 is really substantial and has less stretch because it is part of the new big and tall line. We are put Hexon 1.6 and 2.4 on the site and we already have a good stock of them built up. The 2.4 is a great alternative to someone who may have had to get a double layer before. Double layers cost a bit more to make.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    What's the info of the 1.9 Dobby, Dutch?

How does that compare in feel/weight/stretch to the NylonD 1.6 and Hexon 1.6 ?

Thank you for asking this!! I went to order myself and hubby a hammock last nite, and noticed these two new fabrics with no info on them (like he had for the others, weight, fabric feel, etc).
    I was popping on here to ask just this question, now I just need to learn about the dobby!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Just ordered a 11' hexon 1.6 brilliant blue hammock
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

I went with the blue as well, but i ordered the fabric instead of a premade hammock because i wanted to do some experimenting with whipping. I also was thinking this stuff would work great with the hammock seat design that has been roiling around in my cranium of late, so i ordered a little extra.

Helps that the wife mentioned that the sister in law would be visiting next month.

"I'll be downstairs sewing, I'm just going to need to order a wee bit of fabric..." says I.

I almost wish she visited more often.....Almost.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The 1.6 has an incredible feel and the stretch would be a little less than NylonD and a little more than PolyD. The 4 way ripstop cradles you like a baby. The 2.4 is really substantial and has less stretch because it is part of the new big and tall line. We are put Hexon 1.6 and 2.4 on the site and we already have a good stock of them built up. The 2.4 is a great alternative to someone who may have had to get a double layer before. Double layers cost a bit more to make.
    So what's the weight limit on the 2.4?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast