Hennessey Explore Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/door mod
    Insulation
    DIY UQ under way
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    Images
    I'm in and all paid for. This will be my first group hang looking forward to it

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Fairfield 2015 Map Occupied.JPG
    Updated site map and list.

I have sent a few PMs out to members who have paid but not contacted me for a site assignment. 26 sites are currently assigned so get those requests in before they are gone.

Stewie, send me a PM for your site.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Who is Beverly Flach???? She sent me $, but no other info. Help a brother!

Disregard. Our code breakers figured it out.
    Last edited by oldgringo; 08-23-2015 at 17:03.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The Wanna B's are looking forward to joining all on this adventure. We have paid and added ourselves to the spreadsheet. We will update when we know what we might be bringing.

Bob and Beverly Flach
    Bob and Bev

"The measure of a life is not its duration but its donation." Corrie Ten Boom

"Life is measured not by how many breaths you take but by how many moments take your breath away." attributed to a variety of different people

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    3 sites left...if you are hanging back, drawing interest on $36, it may be time to cut your losses.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    BLACKBIRD 1.7 DBL AND DIY GATHERED
    Insulation
    WINTER INCUBATOR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE
    If work holds out I might try to make it up there just for the night. I'll know more when it gets closer.

Hammock
    11' Poly Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Cat Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Synth
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    The canoe trip I was going to be leading this weekend with work is falling through due to van rental/trailer hauling issues.

Y'all be honest with me, would it be cool or intrusive for me to change the trip plans to come up to the hang? There would be 12 of us, all college students, and most of the participants will likely be fairly new to camping, especially hammock camping. I figure this would be a great place for them to learn what it's all about.

Most of the participants will likely end up sleeping in tents since we only have pads to go in eno's and no tarps.

We'd probably have to camp on another loop, because I don't think the school will reimburse me for a paypal transaction.

I am not one of the powers that be for the event, but I think it is a good idea personally.

Hammock
    WB/Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Winter Palace.
    Insulation
    Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbcrocks View Post
    The canoe trip I was going to be leading this weekend with work is falling through due to van rental/trailer hauling issues.

Y'all be honest with me, would it be cool or intrusive for me to change the trip plans to come up to the hang? There would be 12 of us, all college students, and most of the participants will likely be fairly new to camping, especially hammock camping. I figure this would be a great place for them to learn what it's all about.

Most of the participants will likely end up sleeping in tents since we only have pads to go in eno's and no tarps.

We'd probably have to camp on another loop, because I don't think the school will reimburse me for a paypal transaction.
    ksbcrocks, I have site #34, and I'm willing to share some trees.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbcrocks View Post

Bummer on the paddling not working out but I’m glad the weekend is open for you to join us.

By all means bring them to Fairfield. I’ve taken several college and high school groups there over the years and it’s been great.

We would certainly welcome your folks to join in on the festivities, show and tell and hanging out. There may be some challenges to work through on camping spaces but nothing that can't be worked out.

From a logistics standpoint, you will need 2 sites as there is an 8 per site maximum and at last look there are only 3 sites not yet accounted for according to oldgringo and my calculations. Although Rat’s map shows 10 available spaces, my hunch is that those 7 who’ve paid and are not on the current listing may already have their requests in or at least be in line ahead of you.

We do have some latitude on dispersed camping but that is for hammocks, not the higher impact that tents would have. If you have several in tents I think that you are right in thinking about getting spots in another area.

There are two options I’d suggest you consider. First would be Cooks Ferry, the loop right next to Springfield. The walk from one to the other is about the same distance as we had at the Butt Bake if you measured from the points furthest from the fire pit either direction. The other option would be to hike in the short few miles to the primitive area. It will save you some money if the budget is tight and be more rustic, although the primitive area at Fairfield actually has flushing toilets. It will be a drive from the trail head to get to where our main activities will be.

If you’d like to talk more about options or logistics, PM me on FB and we can go into more details.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast