Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY 12 ft. w/Doors
    Insulation
    Flight Jacket
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    That is one wild hammock. looks comfortable, although none of my suspension or underquilts would work for it.

Hammock
    90 Degree Hammock Tent, Gamma UL
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Oh happy days!!! The hammock showed up in the mail today! Put in on the scale and it came in at a whopping 18oz with suspension and stuff sack. I've got some 2nd gen Silpoly Green Tea from Ripstop to make a tarp for it. I'm shooting for a winter tarp!!! Trying to get it done before Friday for a Creeper Trail camp out with the scouts! I'll try and get some pics of it in the trees this weekend.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    With Google Chrome you can search <90 degree hammock> and when the search results return, look at the top of the Menu/ToolBar and select <Images>.

A picture is worth a ....well, you know the rest.

A video is even better...
    https://youtu.be/XrLM8wUJpGk

Someone mention a tarp?
    https://youtu.be/I1rEXSW1ZSA
    That video really shows the well thought out design of the entry into the hammock. Just sit down and lift your legs since you are already in the middle of the hammock. I will keep an open mind and learn some more.

My concern would be after a pad is in the hammock, it will become more rigid and less able to scrunch to a little area. I hope this was also thought out because it may be a pain at 3am and a little loopy from being half awake. An UQ may be easier since it will give more I would think.

And the tarp may be the secret to using a tarp with single suspension on each side. Just use a Dutch Hook per side to attach each suspension line and use the wasp, flyz, fleaz ect. to adjust from the tarp tie out instead of from the tree side.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Thanks Floridahanger... I tested it out in the backyard and it's not as rigid as you might think. It might be the pad I'm using, Klymit Static V, but the lay is actually quite comfy. I didn't have enough room to get the recommended 9-13 feet but it went up without a hitch. Luke through in a suspension set and they are super easy to put up and adjust. The tarp is something else entirely... I've never worked with Silpoly before and didn't realize how thin this stuff is. I've probably removed over 15 yards of stitching because I didn't like the way it looked. I think I've got what I want now and am I'm almost done with it. I've ordered some cordlocs, reflective line and some hooks from Dutchware... they should be in the mailbox any day now... then all I'll have to do is seal it and pray!!! Goal is to have it done by Friday for a weekend at Creeper Trail, VA... wish me luck.

Hammock
    yukon outfitters w/ net
    Tarp
    Paha Que double
    Insulation
    50 degree sleeping
    Suspension
    dutch w/ cinch
    ok, so looking at it its basically our hammock but instead of laying at theangle we lay at it would be like using a super wide hamock with a high hangle and getting a perfectly flat lay imagine laying in your hammock like the way we use it as a chair. but it being so wide and high hangle that its flat and wide enough to sleep on. pretty genius idea really.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    What I'm supprised about is how lightweight they are. I've seen the Amok in person and checked out the specs and they're simply too heavy for me to ever consider backpacking with one but the UL version of this 90 Degree Hammock is just over 11 oz! I can already see how Dutchgear and some different suspension could improve, even lighten what they have going. Looks like (to me) that you could work out a quilt; especially one designed for a bridge hammock. I'm not running out tomorrow to buy one but this is the first alternative to a standard hammock that I've seen that could be viable for my purposes. Hope to hear detailed feedback from those of you who get one, to include videos!

Enjoy the day
    Gideon

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    It's been a busy week... Camped at Beartree Lake near Creeper Trail last Friday-Sunday and got to test the 90 Degree Hammock. I went with the UL Gamma model and it is lite, I also got a set of his suspension rings. The whole set up takes a few minutes to figure it out, it goes up in a snap. Total weight with the hammock, suspension and stuff sack comes in at 18oz... With everything in the stuff sack it looks like a an overstuffed sock. I fabbed up my own winter tarp and that was its own learning experience. I need to do some tweaking but overall I'm happy with it. It weighed in at about 13oz. I also used my Klymit Static V sleeping pad at 19oz... so total sleep system minus the sleeping bag comes in at 50oz...

The camp out was great, we had a group site on a small creek and my hammock was the envy of the others in our group. I took some pics but I still need to download them, when I do I'll get them posted.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    So my cell phone/camera and I had a disagreement and I lost all the pics I took from the last campout at Beartree Lake. I will be camping again next month, so I'll try and get some of the hammock and the tarp that fabbed up.

I am shifting from a bag to a quilt and had a question about under quilts. Do you think I would still need one since I am using the Klymit Static V, should I swap out my pad with an insulated one possibly another Static V or Nemo pad? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    90 degree
    Tarp
    90 degree tarp
    Insulation
    GG hammock pad
    Hi bstylr 29. I am new to the site and just ordered the Gamma UL. Wish I would have seen this post before ordering. How do you like it? Does the head to toe swing bother you? What cinched the deal was the weight.

Hammock
    12' arrowhead
    Tarp
    Nube'
    Insulation
    SMr inferno set
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    "Whispertex" Nice one WV!

I have a feeling that a more accurate name will be the "Triple T". The Texas Tipsy Tervey...
    Now instead of rolling out on your hands and knees, you can fall out on your head. LOL
    A canoe or trike to do most of the hauling.
    A hammock to take away the bumps at night.
    Now that's the way to go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast