Hi First I have not had a bad experience with the vendors I have delt with on Hammock Form.

I'm wondering how many of you are feeling the same I am with a lot of vendors.. NOT ALL.. You make a order and pay for it and than the wait begins. Your credit card bill comes and you pay it off and your still waiting for the product. Some sites I've been on are saying 8-9 weeks lead time and 3-4 weeks is pretty common. So why don't they charge my card 7-10 days before they start working your order?
There is a problem when you do not get your product and have to call the credit card company and 2 months has gone by. There is not much they can do for you to help recover your your money in a speedy fashion.
When using pay pal you do have some actions you can take that will get their attention if need be. Again there are time restrictions as well.

Than there are a few vendors who do not even supply a phone number on their site so all communication is though email. Email is not the best way esp for newbies to get the best information and make a good decision. I guess it is good for sales, selling you something only to have you buy something else to replace it.

Don't get me wrong I want to support cottage vendors and American Made. At the same time.. If you are going to run your business incognito and hide behind closed doors I will not be ordering from you.

Just wondering why some companies need to be paid so far in advance. Is it overhead, stocking product??