Started my next DIY project today - making my own tent poles to spread the tarp side pullouts.

After entertaining the family with my step-by-step discoveries as I built my first tent pole , the finale was cutting the bungee cord half the length of the pole (54" pole, .340 size), - as suggested by QuestOutfitters, then trying to feed a 27 inch bungee cord down 54 inches of tent pole.

I'm guessing the "right" way is to pretend I have an unlimited supply of bungee cord (I can always get more from QuestOutfitters) and cut it a little longer than the full pole length. Attaching one tip end is easy enough. then I feed it though all the pole sections and through the hole in my #1420 end tip. But how do I get that last tip in the pole and have the bungee cord under the right tension?

I can kind of see how I could pull on the bungee, stretching it out, then while it is stretched out, tie a knot in it (may need extra hands), then feed that knot (cord still under tension) back into the pole section, followed by the end cap.

I can imagine a "jig" with clamps that would hold the cord under tension so my hands could tie knots and feel it where it needs to go. But if it just me, with two hands and two feet (I did use my toes to hold the bungee in one attempt), is it possible to finish of a pole with three sections and #1420's on each end?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul