Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips View Post
    I know all the regulars won't put their name on the sign up sheet, because they usually don't, but I think there will be a few new hangers there and they might need some assurance someone else is coming LOL.
    Thanks for the reminder Hotlips - I added my name to the spreadsheet. Hoping to get some more of the family there on Saturday night including the pup. I'm sure their appearance will be based on the weather forecast.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    I'm in. May come on Thursday.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm still planning on heading that way Friday morning.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Images
    Assuming I can make it, any of the hikers interested in checking off some of the LTCNC challenge hikes?

Hammock
    Trek Light Single
    Tarp
    JRB Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Kat TQ/HR BQ
    Looks more and more like I'll make it.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    The weather forecast is looking perfect. 70's during the day and upper 40's for lows, and plenty of sunshine. I hope it holds.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    Trek Light Single
    Tarp
    JRB Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Kat TQ/HR BQ
    I will be there.

I get up well before first light. If anyone else likes hot coffee in the morning come by my hang - I'll have a giant pot ready.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I recently escaped from horse-pistol. Nurses kindly gave their own coffee to me. Thank you hard working nurses and surgeons. If I can get to Yates--Miyanc and AKA Pete will have plenty of help drinking coffee. And I've got an idea for Phantom Shackle, a soft shackle that can be tied in the field if you lose your real soft shackle. Take AmSteel and tie in continuous loop with diamond knot or alpine butterfly loop. Pass knot through both items to be joined. Form a larks head at other end of loop and put diamond knot or alpine butterfly knot into larks head. Tighten larks head. Instant soft shackle! You can even do this with a continuous loop 8" or better 10" Tie alpine butterfly loop(it can be tied without either rope end--good thing continuous loop has no ends). Place your stopper knot of choice so that there is lots of loop left over to form larks head. Pass knot around two items to be joined and into larks head and cinch it up. Instant soft shackle! I know it's not as strong as a spliced soft shackle. To find Yates take 109 almost 20 miles south of Denton(the geographic center of earth). Turn right on Correll Road and go to end. Turn right on Dusty Level Road. Go about a mile and see cars parked on the left side. Bring your drinking water and bring some extra to rinse your mug and some to put out fire. But mostly bring You to Yates Hang.

Hi to all!
    I have been reading here for a while; and this is my first post! I am in Greensboro, and would like to come down and see first hand some of these things I have been reading (and dreaming) about. I am trying to get myself motivated to go hiking for a couple days in November, but doubt I can get everything ready in time ( Costco-Greensboro told me today that the next shipment of down quilts isn't due "at depot" until November 25 ).

Anyhow, I would like to make a day trip down Saturday, and (SURPRISE!!!) my college age daughter said she might come with me!

Couple easy questions for y'all :

1) any specific time to try to arrive? or AVOID arriving ? Do NOT worry about me waking anyone up!! Work is busy; I start slow and late on Saturday mornings. But I was thinking arrive early afternoon and pester y'all with questions for a couple hours...

2) any reason I should put my name on sign-up spreadsheet? Like I was wondering if Park wanted accurate count or something. But as I said, I just plan on staying a few hours to look ...

Last item for now- I will do a good deed and save anyone else brand new like me a little looking. Here is link to page that has directions to campground (last one- bottom of page) http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3814678.pdf

Thanks! See you there !

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palma308 View Post
    Hi to all!
    I have been reading here for a while; and this is my first post! I am in Greensboro, and would like to come down and see first hand some of these things I have been reading (and dreaming) about. I am trying to get myself motivated to go hiking for a couple days in November, but doubt I can get everything ready in time ( Costco-Greensboro told me today that the next shipment of down quilts isn't due "at depot" until November 25 ).

Anyhow, I would like to make a day trip down Saturday, and (SURPRISE!!!) my college age daughter said she might come with me!

Couple easy questions for y'all :

1) any specific time to try to arrive? or AVOID arriving ? Do NOT worry about me waking anyone up!! Work is busy; I start slow and late on Saturday mornings. But I was thinking arrive early afternoon and pester y'all with questions for a couple hours...

2) any reason I should put my name on sign-up spreadsheet? Like I was wondering if Park wanted accurate count or something. But as I said, I just plan on staying a few hours to look ...

Last item for now- I will do a good deed and save anyone else brand new like me a little looking. Here is link to page that has directions to campground (last one- bottom of page) http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3814678.pdf

Thanks! See you there !
    Palma308 - just show up. Anytime is fine. Some folks may be hiking in the afternoon but there typically enough that like to sit around the fire or nap or whatever.
    No need to sign the register - its a national Forest so no park rangers to check head counts.
    And just tell any if us you are there to check out gear - we are happy to oblige

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast