Two Hammocks on a Hammeck Stand

Just wondering if it were possible to hang one hammock normally, and one hammock from the stand to a tree. We, of course would exceed the weight limit of 400 lbs.

I haven't received my Hammeck yet, but I thought I could secure the top bars together with a section of amsteel to counteract any pulling in any other direction from the other hammock.

I don't expect the makers of Hammeck to give up too much informal due to legal reasons, but if you could expound on theoretical setups of the Hammeck, that'd be awesome!!

Or, if anyone else has tried this, I'd love to discuss it. Thanks!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Hey chefkeith, David here. Simply put, I would not suggest doing this. With the present design, the lateral forces from the hammock are applied to the ridgepole, and the horizontal forces are then supported by the legs. By adding another hammock to the mix (from one end of the stand), there will now be lateral forces on the legs, as well as horizontal forces on the ridgepole. Even with a section of Amsteel locking the ridgepole together, you still have to worry about the different forces on the legs, which are angled in by design. Honestly, adding a second hammock to the end presents a bag of problems that I'm not even considering. In general, the forces end up being very different that what we designed the stand to experience, and you run the risk of damaging it, causing it to collapse, and potentially injury.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    David
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

David, thanks for your reply! I figured this would be the case.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    After playing around with my Hammeck Stand today, I have to agree that trying to set up two hammocks in that fashion would not be a wise idea. As long as you are under the 400 lbs weight limit you could try setting up side by side.

While playing around with the stand in the back yard today, as soon as I set up a hammock on the stand, a very strong wind gust came thru, the hammock acted like a sail and caught the wind and blew the stand over. Set the stand back up right, checked to make sure all the parts were snug and got into the hammock fast....felt solid as a rock even with the wind blowing. The falling stand just missed taking out my camera . Nothing damaged, but just one of the things that can happen.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Holy crap!!

Mine comes tomorrow and I can't wait to play with it. I'm glad you reported this because I was planning to use it at a music festival soon. I'll be sure to stake it down really well.

Do you think having the hammock and tarp staked down will secure the stand when no one is in it?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Do you think having the hammock and tarp staked down will secure the stand when no one is in it?
    It should but only testing under real life conditions will tell. My stand was set up so the wind was blowing just right to catch the hammock and it looked like a kite for a couple of seconds before the stand toppled over. I am thinking that two stakes per end set thru the S hook on the ends of the stand should hold it down.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts