Hammock
    Claytor
    Images

rubbing ridgeline

Hello,

I've set up my hammock with a ridgeline. Previously I've hung my rainfly separately, but recently attached my fly to the hammock lines with Prussic knots (to reduce the amount of line I carry) just above the ends of the fly. I like to sway back 'n forth while in the hammock but now when I do this, the fly rubs on the ridgeline. Previously the fly was high enough that it didn't rub.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate this? Maybe use a longer prussic line to get higher up on the hammock line?

Ernest

You either need a separate ridge line above the hammock for the tarp or separate lines off the tarp and tie directly to the trees with no ridge line.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunzman View Post
    You either need a separate ridge line above the hammock for the tarp or separate lines off the tarp and tie directly to the trees with no ridge line.
    Ya, I might need to go back to that. I was hoping there was some magical solution or fancy hardware out there to solve the problem without returning to the separate lines.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeeh View Post
    Previously I've hung my rainfly separately, but recently attached my fly to the hammock lines with Prussic knots (to reduce the amount of line I carry) just above the ends of the fly.
    I never got my Hennessy to work properly with the tarp attached to the hammock suspension. Dejoha seems to think he's found the clue by using shock cord, but it never worked for me.

http://theultimatehang.com/2014/01/r...-hammock-tarp/

I don't think there's another hammock manufacturer in the world that says it's okay to hang the tarp from the hammock ridgeline - bottom line for me is it just doesn't work.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro (First Hammock)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeeh View Post
    Hello,

I've set up my hammock with a ridgeline. Previously I've hung my rainfly separately, but recently attached my fly to the hammock lines with Prussic knots (to reduce the amount of line I carry) just above the ends of the fly. I like to sway back 'n forth while in the hammock but now when I do this, the fly rubs on the ridgeline. Previously the fly was high enough that it didn't rub.

Any thoughts on how to eliminate this? Maybe use a longer prussic line to get higher up on the hammock line?

Ernest
    I'm also trying to connect my tarp to my hammock lines. My solution is to have a prussic with a long lead to the tarp connected with a dutch tarp worm on shock cord. I setup the hammock lines, pull the prussic out to the tree end of the hammock line (a few inches from the tree strap), then tension it using the tarp worm. When I sit in the hammock, the ridgeline is pulled down below the tarp so it doesn't rub. It seems to work pretty well, but I haven't field tested it yet. If you're having trouble picturing it, let me know and I'll post a picture.

• + New Posts