Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Looking for a small group

Finally, the cool weather is here and I'm ready to get back to the woods. I usually go solo, because my friends don't get it for some reason, so I'm looking for new friends...lol. I have one good long time friend whom I've inspired, but he's not ready yet because he doesn't have any cool weather gear. My last 2 girlfriends wanted to sleep in a tent. I'm pretty sure that's why we broke up.

I live in Chattanooga and don't mind a bit of a drive for a good place to hang. I've mostly hung at Savage Gulf and Foster Falls and I'm ready to find some new spots. I've hung once near the Tail of the Dragon.

I'm by no means a bushmaster, but I have some skills and know how to be prepared. I'd be happy to share my pack list. At this point, I wouldn't want to have to hike in to camp more than 5 miles or so because of some foot issues. I'm not in great shape and move slow, too. This is one reason I'm glad cool weather is hear so I can get out to the woods more and get in better shape. I also have no problem with hanging near the car either. I just like being outside.

I'm not big on huge group hangs; getting away from the crowds is one reason why I go to the woods. But, I'm tired of going solo all the time, too. Maybe a small group, 2-5 people, would be cool.

I'd like to explore more of the Ocoee area and on up in to East TN, SC, and NC. The Smokies, Blue Ridge Mtns, and stuff around there. Also, N.GA, Like the Cohutta Wilderness, Chattahoochee NP, Johns' Mtn. Shoot, I'm down for checking out some areas just around Chattanooga like Printice Cooper SF or Cloudland Canyon area. I try to go somewhere most weekends, even for a one-nighter.

I work M-F, so if I need days off, I have to do it 2-weeks in advance. I don't mind hiking and setting up in the dark, as long as me or someone I'm with is familiar with the trail. I go to familiar places after work on fridays sometimes so I can wake up there and get 2 nights out of it. I can almost always get the time off I need as long as I give 2-weeks though.

These days, I like shorter hikes to a base camp and then day hike. For me, mostly, it's about exploring and hiking. Hammocks, and packs, and gear are just a means to keep me outside longer. So, if you aren't afraid I'll slow you down, let's plan something.

Hammock
    Wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You need to come check out Linville gorge NC there is no place like it! We are having a hang in October. You should come check it out.
    PacRat stay SAFE

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I've seen it mentioned a few times. Are their dates yet? How many you got so far?

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy HEX
    Insulation
    KAQ- Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I live in Knoxville and I love the Cumberland Trail. You should check out the northern eagle bluff section, although you can access the southern terminal right there in Chattanooga.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheTrees View Post
    You need to come check out Linville gorge NC there is no place like it! We are having a hang in October. You should come check it out.
    I can't seem to find the this in the forum. I see some linville hangs, but not for Oct23-Nov. 1

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    There is also the Grayson Hang next week.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    hey I'm in Chattanooga feel free to drop me a pm to exchange numbers and we can figure something out; like you I work most the time M-F and have most weekends and holidays off, just getting in to the hammock camping thing this year. Got a pack and gear so pretty sure I'm game.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    My sons and I hike in Slickrock Wilderness all the time. I'm thinking of heading out there 2-6 October.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    @ T-Minus Heck yeah. Sounds great. Are you pretty familiar with the area? I mean, as far as trails and stuff. Have you been on any of the trils going up the mountain on Suck Creek Rd?

@ Sgt Rock I;mnot familiar with that area, but Maryville isn't far away. I'll look up Slickrock and maybe join you sometime.
    Last edited by SpitballJedi; 09-17-2015 at 21:12.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast