Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

DIY UQ pack hook mod

I've built a couple UQ/TQ's for myself and am getting ready to build a UQ for a friend. He has a Dream Hammock so I'd like to include the UGQ style pack hook mod, but I don't have the hammock so not sure about ideal location of the opening in side channel. Any UGQ owners that can tell me how many inches the opening should be from the head end of the UQ?
    Thanks

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Ask your friend how long the distance between the tie-out pack hooks is then you know everything.

The problem are not the four UQ-pack hooks. They are about 16" away from hammock ends on all Dream Hammocks. The problems are the tie-out pack hooks and especially the pack hook which is next to the left shoulder. I do not know it exactly and I think it depends how long the hammock is.

On a 10' hammock the tie-out pack hooks are usually 14" away from center (28" apart)
    On a 11' hammock the tie-out pack hooks can be ~18" away from center (36" apart).

On my DIY hammock the tie-out pack hooks are about 17.3" away from center (34.6" = 88 cm apart).

I have 2 short and 1 long piece of channel on each UQ side. There is no need to fiddle much.

I have prusik knot loops on my tie-out pack hocks. There I can adjust the length of the tie-out guylines. I hang the shock cord of the UQ suspension in the pack hook and are done.

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl_hanger View Post
    Ask your friend how long the distance between the tie-out pack hooks is then you know everything.

The problem are not the four UQ-pack hooks. They are about 16" away from hammock ends on all Dream Hammocks. The problems are the tie-out pack hooks and especially the pack hook which is next to the left shoulder. I do not know it exactly and I think it depends how long the hammock is.

On a 10' hammock the tie-out pack hooks are usually 14" away from center (28" apart)
    On a 11' hammock the tie-out pack hooks can be ~18" away from center (36" apart).

On my DIY hammock the tie-out pack hooks are about 17.3" away from center (34.6" = 88 cm apart).

I have 2 short and 1 long piece of channel on each UQ side. There is no need to fiddle much.

I have prusik knot loops on my tie-out pack hocks. There I can adjust the length of the tie-out guylines. I hang the shock cord of the UQ suspension in the pack hook and are done.
    Thanks XXL. The location of the pack hooks from centr of hammock should be helpful. That said I'm sure the location is more relative to the head end of the quilt? Any UGQ owners with pack hood mod that could weigh in with info would be great. If not, I'll get it as close as possible

• + New Posts