DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Like this?

Attachment 110875

We're you attaching dynaglide to amsteel loop?
    Ayup.

But it's Dynaglide to Dynaglide loop.

It's a very light set up and I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm about 180 pounds.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    It's unreasonable to think that a line with"glide" in its name will hold a simple knot.

But I've had good results with the Becket Hitch on my Dynaglide suspension with two turns around the back and jammed bite. Darrel Hanson showed us this knot at the last Texas hang.
    We need more details on this MDSH!
    If you figure how to do this with Dynaglide & Kevlar, I'll vote for naming the knot after you!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Ayup.

I'm about 180 pounds.
    Very interesting. I've tried this but may be too heavy for it. Didn't try with a DG loop but might revisit this idea.

Thanks for the input!

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.6oz
    Tarp
    DIY Hex-Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Integrated
    Suspension
    Kevlar and Amsteel
    Ayup.

I'm about 180 pounds.
    Yes, more details please!!! So, dynaglide CL in the channeled end, correct? Then this double Becket hitch to your dynaglide suspension? How is your suspension attached to your tree strap, and what are you using for a tree strap?

Thanks!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewMeredith View Post
    Yes, more details please!!! So, dynaglide CL in the channeled end, correct? Then this double Becket hitch to your dynaglide suspension? How is your suspension attached to your tree strap, and what are you using for a tree strap?

Thanks!
    Yes! Inquiring minds want to know.

Generally speaking, it's not good to wrap lines around lines due to severe compression and hence tiny turning radii. But we have only about a foot to fall.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

If I had to guess I would say he's got a setup similiar to the paint drawing at the beginning of this thread. There is a pictorial I did of the knot in the DIY forum https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/....php?p=1469912

A better question would be what he's using as a toggle. Based on my previous testing the wrong toggle material will allow the knot to slide. My guess would be wooden dowel or trail stick. If he's gotten it to work with an arrow shaft ill be impressed... and also disappointed because I'm probably too fat to use it. Lol

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewMeredith View Post

Thanks!
    The Dynaglide goes around the tree with a Dutch Whoppiehook securing it. I put trail sticks under it oriented vertically to distribute load.

But it could easily be larksheaded to a tree hugger of any width.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow 1.2
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin
    Suspension
    Venum strap Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    If I had to guess I would say he's got a setup similiar to the paint drawing at the beginning of this thread. There is a pictorial I did of the knot in the DIY forum https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/....php?p=1469912

A better question would be what he's using as a toggle. Based on my previous testing the wrong toggle material will allow the knot to slide. My guess would be wooden dowel or trail stick. If he's gotten it to work with an arrow shaft ill be impressed... and also disappointed because I'm probably too fat to use it. Lol
    The "toggle" I had planned to use was nothing more than the bundled up excess line jamming the bight.

There's a good picture of what I'm talking about further back in this thread.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow 1.2
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin
    Suspension
    Venum strap Becket
    Kinda like how I bundle the excess whoopie line and tuck it into the fixed eye to be held by tension. But this time it's actually serving a functional purpose as opposed to neurotic purpose. I can't stand excess lines hanging and swinging all over

Becket Hitch Suspension; Idea and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Kinda like how I bundle the excess whoopie line and tuck it into the fixed eye to be held by tension. But this time it's actually serving a functional purpose as opposed to neurotic purpose. I can't stand excess lines hanging and swinging all over
    That's also my preferred solution right now. The best option so far ive tried as far as just in terms of stopping slippage is a wooden dowel. The problem with that though is the wood compresses under the Amsteel and you end up with an "hour glass" shape. That makes it difficult to untie because you can't just pull it out. If you used a trail stick you might be able to just break it to take it out.

I've used two bites on the tail of the working end in the manner showed before with good success testing in the basement. I took it out yesterday to test and strangely one side slipped the first time I set it up. I re-tied a couple more times and it held. Not sure what was going on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435238620.770649.jpg

Maybe the new Amsteel is slightly slicker than the set I'm using at home. I think in close to a reliable solution with this set up. If I get it working I might experiment some more with the dynaglide.
    Last edited by mophead; 06-25-2015 at 08:43.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast