Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Don't call it rental, call it a sale with a liberal return policy and a rental fee no I meant a restocking fee and then there should be no more insurance liability than on a regular sale. But then again there are rules, I mean laws. And some times on an informal basis one of your friends might lend you a hammock. Good luck.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps
    A few years ago I owned a margarita machine rental business. We had customers sign a release of liability waiver that was written by an attorney. In the 9-years I owned the business we never had an issue that would have brought a suit. You can also incorporate and alleviate your personal assets being at risk.

Plus you've got to put the risk in perspective; what's the likelihood of failure, if failure is the case the manufacturer would ultimately be held liable, what's the risk of injury (a bump on the head and the wind knocked out of them). None of these things are going to put the business at risk.

The real question is the model itself. Niche rentals are huge right now, anyone watch Shark Tank? The pricing would need to be more then what was mentioned in earlier posts. Your model is buying large numbers of hammocks from a variety of manufacturers at highly discounted prices. Rentals must pay back for cost of hammock within 2-3 rentals tops.

Hammocking is still a very small market of the outdoor gear world. Finding new customers could be a chore. I'd peg the initial investment probably around $50,000. And the person who does it should hire Shug as their spokesman and star in promotional videos.
    Last edited by Brien; 06-23-2015 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by latriper View Post
    I have been thinking about doing this. I would probably lean towards the renter paying the purchase cost then when the hammock was returned in good condition, refund all but the rental fee. If the renter was happy with the hammock he/she would be able to keep it.

Isnt that basically how the For Sale forum works? ha
    "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky

Quote Originally Posted by Brien View Post
    A few years ago I owned a margarita machine rental business........And the person who does it should hire Shug as their spokesman and star in promotional videos.
    I like your style man

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12