Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Site Changes

Just a notice to anyone that may be placing an order in the next couple of days, we have made some changes to our store and payment processor. I'm hopeful that the changes are seamless, but it's not unlikely that some bugs my appear. We already know that using Chrome on an iOS device has some issues, which are being looked into. If you happen upon any bugs, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions/recommendations, we're all ears!

The only thing that has changed is the storefront. All of the other pages/links will remain the same. So, if you're checking out any of our products under www.hammeck.com/store and see any issues, please forward them to us at [email protected]. We really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    David
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Looks good so far from what I checked
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Looks good so far from what I checked
    Thanks Gunner!

We had some feedback that the "add to cart" button was not displaying on Mac OSX on both Chrome and Safari - are there any Mac users out there that could check this out for us? Thanks!

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Thunderbird, Cameleon, XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, Flight J
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Hi mechelangelo,

I just checked on my Mac using Safari and the "add to cart" button displayed properly. I set up a dream envy-s order hit the button and it added it to my cart. Then unfortunately reality set in and I had to remove the order ( or strain my marriage).

Anyways it seems to work.
    WW

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I checked and it worked for me as well.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Your web guys should have a subscription service, or know of the better free services out there, which will give you a screenshot from literally hundreds of different OS and different browsers combinations to narrow down exactly what system(s) are having the problems. Myself personally, I tested it on 4 different mac's for you and the Add to Cart button is there and allows you to add it to the cart (running Safari and Chrome, OSX 10.10 and 10.9: Yosemite and Mavericks).

iOS (i.e. iPhone) isn't working 100% on both Safari and Chrome (I'm on iOS 8.3). Safari was giving me problems with even opening the menu in landscape mode (had to switch to landscape to even get the menu to work on occasion). Safari at least lets you add an item to the cart though. Chrome lets you navigate in both orientation modes, but the Add to Cart button can't be clicked to add an item to the cart. I would definitely report this to Squarespace (which I believe you're using) and get their people on it. Squarespace usually uses a closed/non-open source plug-in system for things like this (i.e. less chance of bugs since they control everything their sites can use), so they are probably already aware of this and should be working on it hopefully.
    Last edited by Dochartaigh; 06-27-2015 at 07:24.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Warrior View Post
    Hi mechelangelo,

I just checked on my Mac using Safari and the "add to cart" button displayed properly. I set up a dream envy-s order hit the button and it added it to my cart. Then unfortunately reality set in and I had to remove the order ( or strain my marriage).

Anyways it seems to work.
    WW
    Thanks WW! The reality is, your marriage is more important than an Envy-S. We'll be here to make one for you when she comes around!

Quote Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    I checked and it worked for me as well.
    Your order went through without a hitch, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    Your web guys should have a subscription service, or know of the better free services out there, which will give you a screenshot from literally hundreds of different OS and different browsers combinations to narrow down exactly what system(s) are having the problems. Myself personally, I tested it on 4 different mac's for you and the Add to Cart button is there and allows you to add it to the cart (running Safari and Chrome, OSX 10.10 and 10.9: Yosemite and Mavericks).

iOS (i.e. iPhone) isn't working 100% on both Safari and Chrome (I'm on iOS 8.3). Safari was giving me problems with even opening the menu in landscape mode (had to switch to landscape to even get the menu to work on occasion). Safari at least lets you add an item to the cart though. Chrome lets you navigate in both orientation modes, but the Add to Cart button can't be clicked to add an item to the cart. I would definitely report this to Squarespace (which I believe you're using) and get their people on it. Squarespace usually uses a closed/non-open source plug-in system for things like this (i.e. less chance of bugs since they control everything their sites can use), so they are probably already aware of this and should be working on it hopefully.
    Thank you for the thorough testing. I was disappointed that our ecommerce provider did not have an Macs on hand to test for us... At the very least, their fist line support did not. They passed the issue on to the engineers, but in the end I think it was just an issue with where we were hosting our images for the button. I moved them to a more reliable service, and that seems to have corrected that issue.

As far as the iOS issues... We knew about the Chrome one, but the Safari one is new to me. I will play around with that. I believe that may be something to take up with Squarespace, rather than the ecommerce provider (Ecwid).

Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated!!!

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    No, thank you, for great customer service!

• + New Posts