Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Question UK Warbonnet hammock Distributor?

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a Blackbird XLC in the UK but have been unable to find a UK supplier.

I have just emailed Warbonnet so hope to get an official answer from them shortly but was wondering if anyone on the forum knows of a UK supplier?

I am aware I could buy from the US but this would be prohibitively expensive with shipping and import tax/duty.

Thanks,

Ed.

Hammock
    Lesovik Draka + many more
    Tarp
    Superfly + alot
    Insulation
    Quilts Tq+Uq
    Suspension
    Woopiesling
    Images
    ukhammocks, was a destriputer once.
    I don't know who he isn't anymore.

He was the only one in europe.

Hammock
    WBBB, Snipe, Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG WP
    Suspension
    whoopies+dutchware
    Images
    Ukhammocks is the only importer of Warbonnet gear in the UK as far as I know. That's were I got my blackbird from.

He does sell out of popular items quickly but offers similar products made by himself.

You may find the odd warbonnet item for sale on the bushcraftuk forum but rarely as they are very popular. I think you might struggle to find an XLC though TBH

Also, yes you are right about the import duties. I paid roughly the same in import fees for my HG winter palace.. as I did to buy my Blackbird outright

£130 ($202) and yes that's just import charges for the winter palace.

Hope that does not put you off buying stuff from our friends in the U.S. they make some cracking stuff ! though the import charges take the biscuit !

Always factor in the charges and if you don't get charged.. it's a bonus best banked for next time !

Good luck Ed !

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by aka.jobbe View Post
    ukhammocks, was a destriputer once.
    I don't know who he isn't anymore.

He was the only one in europe.
    Thanks for the info - Yes I had read that UK Hammock sold Warbonnet hammocks in the past but seemingly no longer.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by suggy View Post
    Ukhammocks is the only importer of Warbonnet gear in the UK as far as I know. That's were I got my blackbird from.

He does sell out of popular items quickly but offers similar products made by himself.

You may find the odd warbonnet item for sale on the bushcraftuk forum but rarely as they are very popular. I think you might struggle to find an XLC though TBH

Also, yes you are right about the import duties. I paid roughly the same in import fees for my HG winter palace.. as I did to buy my Blackbird outright

£130 ($202) and yes that's just import charges for the winter palace.

Hope that does not put you off buying stuff from our friends in the U.S. they make some cracking stuff ! though the import charges take the biscuit !

Always factor in the charges and if you don't get charged.. it's a bonus best banked for next time !

Good luck Ed !
    Thanks for the info, I do buy some stuff from the US from time to time but am not willing to pay a huge premium!

Hope Warbonnet will get back to me with a reasonable means of sourcing the hammock here in the UK.

Cheers.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    No, UK Hammocks is the only distributor of Warbonnet in Europe. And I'm not sure if they are really interested in selling Warbonnet gear: whenever I have looked at the website, all WB gear was out of stock. You could contact UK Hammocks and ask when/if they expect a WB delivery.

I'm actually surprised that importing gear to the UK is supposedly that expensive - do you have higher customs fees? Whenever I have done the math on US-made gear that is also sold in Europe, it has been cheaper to order directly and pay tax and customs myself. Which is not surprising, since the European retailer takes his cut as well. Importing a WB Blackbird ($185 + $46 shipping = $231) to Germany would cost 12% customs + 19% EU-tax = ~69€ in fees. If you add a tarp and/or find other people to make an omnibus order, it would get cheaper per item.

You could also have a look at the Woodsman hammocks UK Hammocks is making and selling. I don't like them as much as my WBs, and they are heavier, but there are many people who love theirs. The Expedition hammock is humongous. It looks and feels larger than the 11' it supposedly is.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    yeah you will have to order direct - shipping is tough (but very reasnoble) - especially the parcel force bribe (harsh in comparison) - but yeah order online. and if possible pay the extra for UPS rather than regualr priority US air mail.

i have a woodsman X and i do like mine - but im certainly in the camp wanting to try a WBB XLC.

Hammock
    Lesovik Draka + many more
    Tarp
    Superfly + alot
    Insulation
    Quilts Tq+Uq
    Suspension
    Woopiesling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    No, UK Hammocks is the only distributor of Warbonnet in Europe. And I'm not sure if they are really interested in selling Warbonnet gear: whenever I have looked at the website, all WB gear was out of stock. You could contact UK Hammocks and ask when/if they expect a WB delivery.

I'm actually surprised that importing gear to the UK is supposedly that expensive - do you have higher customs fees? Whenever I have done the math on US-made gear that is also sold in Europe, it has been cheaper to order directly and pay tax and customs myself. Which is not surprising, since the European retailer takes his cut as well. Importing a WB Blackbird ($185 + $46 shipping = $231) to Germany would cost 12% customs + 19% EU-tax = ~69€ in fees. If you add a tarp and/or find other people to make an omnibus order, it would get cheaper per item.

You could also have a look at the Woodsman hammocks UK Hammocks is making and selling. I don't like them as much as my WBs, and they are heavier, but there are many people who love theirs. The Expedition hammock is humongous. It looks and feels larger than the 11' it supposedly is.
    Are You my new best friend??? ;D

Just the taxes to Denmark ad up with poatage fee to the same price of what I order. Thats IF the price including postage i order for is mere then 18$.
    Try ordering somthing icluding postage for less.....
    It's rediciules to try to import somthing from USA to Denmark.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka.jobbe View Post
    Just the taxes to Denmark ad up with poatage fee to the same price of what I order. Thats IF the price including postage i order for is mere then 18$.
    Try ordering somthing icluding postage for less.....
    It's rediciules to try to import somthing from USA to Denmark.
    I don't know how import charges are calculated in Denmark, and I don't know if the exchange rate is favorable for you at the moment. But judging from this website it doesn't look too much different from German customs. We also have to pay customs and EU-tax on shipping charges (which always annoys me), and it's never ever as cheap to order from the US to Europe as it would within the US - but as I said, it's usually cheaper to order directly (even with international shipping and customs) than from a EU retailer. In my example, shipping and customs/tax would amount to about $124 - compared to the $185 for the hammock. Yes, it hurts. But you can decrease the shipping costs (and thereby overall cost) per item by ordering more than one hammock/tarp/... The best solution would be to find other people in your country to join into one big order. I usually order some more and then just sell off what I don't like/need/want. I have always found takers eventually and haven't really taken a loss (other than time).

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I don't know how import charges are calculated in Denmark, and I don't know if the exchange rate is favorable for you at the moment. But judging from this website it doesn't look too much different from German customs. We also have to pay customs and EU-tax on shipping charges (which always annoys me), and it's never ever as cheap to order from the US to Europe as it would within the US - but as I said, it's usually cheaper to order directly (even with international shipping and customs) than from a EU retailer. In my example, shipping and customs/tax would amount to about $124 - compared to the $185 for the hammock. Yes, it hurts. But you can decrease the shipping costs (and thereby overall cost) per item by ordering more than one hammock/tarp/... The best solution would be to find other people in your country to join into one big order. I usually order some more and then just sell off what I don't like/need/want. I have always found takers eventually and haven't really taken a loss (other than time).
    It's hard to find others to order together... let's face it, the import and shipping charges are sadly way to high to buy from the US much of the time. Unless of course you really need something and can't buy it elsewhere or perhaps you are just very rich!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast