Hammock
    HB Sky bed bug free
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Aerogel mat
    Suspension
    SRL with whoopies
    Find a friend in the US who will by it for you. Check it over. Then send it on as a gift.

M

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cut.la.roc View Post
    It's hard to find others to order together... let's face it, the import and shipping charges are sadly way to high to buy from the US much of the time. Unless of course you really need something and can't buy it elsewhere or perhaps you are just very rich!!
    True in parts. But I think there's a lot of psychology involved. Just an example: the Tarptent Rainbow is sold by a German retailer for 499,95 €. If you order directly from Tarptent in the US, the tent plus international shipping will cost $309 - custom charges will be another 92€. Importing the tent will cost about 367€. That's a saving of 133€! Still, people order from the German retailer. Maybe because it looks cheaper. After all, shipping from the German shop is free - while the shipping and customs charges when ordering internationally seem outrageous.

I'm not saying that ordering the hammock from the US is cheap. But there are not a lot of alternatives available in Europe. UK Hammocks makes nice hammocks, but in my opinion, they're not in the same league as Warbonnet's hammocks. Otherwise there's Hennessy, DD Hammocks and Exped. You'll have to decide if the added cost of importing a US-made hammock is worth it for you or not. It was, for me, and I'm far from rich, but I'm still not sorry. Actually, I don't think about the cost when I'm lying in my hammock. I'm far too busy enjoying it And compared to a European tent set-up of equal quality and weight, my US hammock set-up is still not very expensive. Outdoor gear - especially lightweight gear - simply is expensive this side of the pond.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just a quick follow up to this I emailed Warbonnet last weekend and they have failed to respond to my question regarding UK suppliers, I also emailed UK Hammocks who also have failed to respond to me.

So I guess it looks like Warbonnet are not interested in UK customers... shame.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just a quick follow up to this I emailed Warbonnet last weekend and they have failed to respond to my question regarding UK suppliers, I also emailed UK Hammocks who also have failed to respond to me.

Maybe give them a bell.... UK Hammocks Call: +447590621113
    Often better than email in my opinion.
    Good luck.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

+1 on Shugs advice, for UKhammocks I've had the same email issues. Call him, everytime I have he's answered.

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by craige View Post
    +1 on Shugs advice, for UKhammocks I've had the same email issues. Call him, everytime I have he's answered.
    When UKhammock sold Warbonnet hammocks, they were visible on their website. Now clearly they don't have Warbonnet stuff any longer.

Buying through UKhammocks was cheaper then importing directly. I bought a a lot of stuff in the US and had a calculation sheet that would give me the final cost to either Switzerland or France. Sending the Superfly to France was cheaper (and faster when they had it on stock) then getting it from the US to Switzerland.

If you want one of these great hammocks like WB or DH or quilts, you will need to bite the bullet. Costly yes, but worth it.

Some sellers in the US manage to keep the postage cost reasonable, like Dutch. And like mentioned before, if you can get a member to send you the goods as a gift, you can avoid custom charges.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just a quick follow up on this thread...

I called UK Hammocks and spoke to someone (didn't take a name), was told they are still UK Warbonnet suppliers but that they haven't had stock for some time, the guy wasn't sure they would be getting stock anytime in the near future.

Still no reply from Warbonnet to my email...

hope this info is of use to someone.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I'll be in the UK next month (East Riding of Yorkshire). Unfortunately, I don't think there's time enough to order one and get it to me. Otherwise I'd try to bring it over with me and ship it Royal Mail.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I'll be in the UK next month (East Riding of Yorkshire). Unfortunately, I don't think there's time enough to order one and get it to me. Otherwise I'd try to bring it over with me and ship it Royal Mail.
    Shame... what brings you to Yorkshire?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Shame... what brings you to Yorkshire?
    My wife's family is there. We try to make it about once a year.

I used to put a call out to see if anybody wanted/needed me to bring anything but it always turned out to be a colossal hassle.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast