Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I actually like the per foot pricing. Say you wanted to make a 10' tarp, you only have to buy 10' and not 12'. Saves a few dollars that way. He also has black which is a color you don't see very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    I actually like the per foot pricing. Say you wanted to make a 10' tarp, you only have to buy 10' and not 12'. Saves a few dollars that way. He also has black which is a color you don't see very often.
    I understand the need for ordering by the foot, but the pricing should be listed as per yard.
    Yellow Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by tlbj6142 View Post
    I understand the need for ordering by the foot, but the pricing should be listed as per yard.
    I guess you'd have to take that up with Ray. Let me know how that works out for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    I guess you'd have to take that up with Ray. Let me know how that works out for ya!
    Funny, we all know Ray doesn't have ears (except to hear his worshipers), just a pen. Though it does seem like he did listen to criticism and "clean-up" his recent book and remove all the crap that was in the previous edition.
    Yellow Jacket

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    I had found out about the Noah Lamport source for silnylon recently and almost two weeks ago made an order. The total cost for 1.3 sil nylon, the minimum (10 yards), shipped was $48 and change. I didn't get a receipt or bill; however, I found out the cost by looking at the bank statement.

I ordered the catalope color not knowing about the post about the color. WOW - it's not catalope or any variation or re-carnation of the fruit color. The color reminds me of strange mix between a dark florescent pink and hunter orange. I'm still trying to figure out if I wouldn't be caught dead using it for a tarp or if it's just color shock, so I have it sitting in our red room. If I use it with my DIY 12 foot hammock, I'm afraid I'll just look like a worm in a very large watermelon. - me thinks that watermelon might taste good says the bear -

As far as customer service, I gentleman I spoke with spoke with a heavy spanish accent and wasn't able to articulate an effective response to my questions. I am still not sure if it is silnylon because one side looks less shiny than the other. The material came shipped on a long roll and is 68" wide. I'll post a picture when I learn how to do it.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutEhCuss View Post
    I ordered the catalope color not knowing about the post about the color. WOW - it's not catalope or any variation or re-carnation of the fruit color. The color reminds me of strange mix between a dark florescent pink and hunter orange. I'm still trying to figure out if I wouldn't be caught dead using it for a tarp or if it's just color shock,
    Pictures...pictures!

Who knows, one of us might like the color and want to take it off your hands.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest Modified
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Recycled down UQ
    Suspension
    Whopi-sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    What about buying a cheap tent? I see big walk in tents with mesh vestibules sold out of the box stores. Are their fabrics that poor of quality? Can't I just cut up one of those?
    I've made two tarps, and 3 sleeping bags out of some old tents. I wouldn't go out and buy one just to cut up though. The trouble of cutting all of the usable fabric out of the tent is quite the hassle. And you end up with odds and end pieces. You'd be better off purchasing the 3$ fabric from Noah Lamport. Of course if you have an old tent lying around, why not put it to use. I used one really old tent and everywhere there is a crease or wrinkle in the fabric you can tell the silicone coating is wearing off. If it's too old of a tent it might not be water repellant.

Hammock
    Home Made Hammock
    Tarp
    Home Made Mac Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Poly Straps
    Images

2 thumbs up for Noah Lamport

About 3 weeks ago I called to make an order for 16 yards from Noah Lamport. The guy was very friendly and helpful even though there seemed to be a little language barrier. I ended up ordering 20 yards (he already had a 20 yard roll and gave it to me and waved the 10$ cut fee). After making 2 tarps one for me and one for a friend. I was happily surprised to find out Noah Lamport had actually sent me 25 yards. So now I have a few more yards to play around with. I think I have read on the forums here that others have received several yards more then they ordered also. One of the big things I did learned was about the shipping and to ask for your ordered to be taken off the roll if you want to save some money on shipping. UPS charges an extra $10 "handling" charge for anything I think over 60". Other then that it was a great buy.

Here is a coupon for Joann's Fabricks

I hope this helps with finding a source
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    JBizzle Bird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    I just ordered some "blackberry" from Noah. Guess what color that is....

... I'm now working on a purple ummm I mean blackberry, tarp!! Well it is a dark purple!

TinaLouise
    TinaLouise: Do you have any pictures of the color?
    JBizzle
    http://baxpax.org

Missouri Backpacking and Hiking

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567