Dutchware Half Zipped
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    ENO Blaze/Ignitor
    Suspension
    SpiderDaisy/Mantis

First hang/first post

First hang. Hiked the Pinhoti Trail from Keown Falls up John's Mountain around the horse route and down to Pilcher's Pond for my first hang. Got up this morning and hiked out to Snake Creek Gap. Bought the ENO One Link (Double Nest, Guardian bugnet, ProFly, Atlas Straps, 4 Easton stakes). I had a 20% off one item from Campmor and getting the one link system meant I had one item, so I got into the hammock world for a pretty good price. I added an adjustable ridgeline with some Dutchware by ordering some Lash It, ridgeline biners and some of his metal rings. Used a video I found here on the forum and I made a locked brummel on one end which I looped around the gather on one end of the hammock. For the other end I went through one of the rings twisting the Lash It around the Dutch ring to make a Prusik type thing, then ran the end through one of his ridgeline biners attached to the gather with another ring and locked in with a bowline back to the Prusik ring. Once I get my ultimate ridgeline length figured out, I'll probably remove the ring and brummel the other end for a fixed structural ridgeline. Super service and an answer to a question by Dutchware. I also picked up a ProFly XL recently (my son needs a tarp for his Grand Trunk anyway). Because of some potential rain (we had a little, but it was manageable), I took the XL with me for more coverage. Yeah I know, it's a little heavier, but that didn't bother me (7.5 miles yesterday and 5.2 this morning). I slept deceptively well. I'm not a small dude and when I sleep on the ground, I probably wake up every 30 minutes to an hour. I lost fairly large chunks of time, so I think I slept pretty darn well. I did use a pad under me, a ridged CCF. Not the greatest solution, but it worked and I took it because the temps were low 60s and I feared mild CBS. Maybe I'll stealthily buy an under quilt this fall (Jarbridge?). Anyway, I'm ready and exited for my next hang, a three night scout camp with my son (his first overnight hang) in July. I'm tickled with my ENO gear and the Dutchware and I've learned so much on the forum since I purchased my hammock. A couple of pics attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jackethanger; 05-30-2015 at 18:10. Reason: Typo

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Zipped
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    ENO Blaze/Ignitor
    Suspension
    SpiderDaisy/Mantis
    By the way, zero stretch on the Atlas Straps and I weigh 205.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for the write up....Im looking for a larger tarp myself. How do you like the profly?

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Zipped
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    ENO Blaze/Ignitor
    Suspension
    SpiderDaisy/Mantis
    I really like the ProFly. I have set up in the yard with the standard ProFly and I used the ProFly XL last night on the hang. I would have been fine with the standard one as it turns out, but I wanted to be prepared for rain and setting it up in porch mode using my hiking poles. As it turns out, the clouds broke and there was a huge picnic table that we sat at instead. Anyway, I like the cat cuts on both and they seem to make it easier to deal with slack as the night wears on. The tarp looked the same when I woke up as it did when I set it up. I bought it specifically to have more room to sit under in inclimate weather, but I have no qualms with taking it over the regular ProFly even if rain isn't expected. It just really didn't seem to me to be a problem with weight vs coverage. Also, the quick tension adjustments on all lines are nice.
    Last edited by Jackethanger; 05-30-2015 at 21:05.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Welcome to the madness. You'll be itching for a lighter setup soon since it rides on your back. Silnylon instead of polyester tarps, underquilts instead of pads, and the list goes on. Watch a bunch of Shug's videos and you'll fit right in.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Jackethanger. Welcome!
    Hash browns and bacon strips , I like the way you lick your lips

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Athens. Looks like you're on your way to some comfy nights in the woods.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Welcome from Decatur, AL
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

• + New Posts