Dutch Argon 1.6 DBL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly + Noah 12
    Insulation
    New River Long
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    yinfrt.... I have a New River Full UQ ( GREAT QUILT ) .... the wind in my back yard is 25 -35 mph at night... lifted the tarp, pulled the stake out and thru it to the top of the second hill I slept outside the next night...winds calmed down to 15-20. But I did have a great dinner that night. If any one knows wind it you folks in Okla.
    20150529_184341.jpg 20150215_115954.jpg

Good looking kit you have there. Yes we do get a little wind here on occasion- hahaha. The slope of the yard will have a natural wind effect. In the early morning cold air 'falls' down the hill, and in the daylight/ evening hours the heat rises, does look like a great dinner. Sorry- didn't notice you were in CA., I've heard the Pacific can get a might breezy at times. HLFL

Hammock
    Currently Yukon double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bags
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    I took advantage of the woot! sale and picked up a yukon double. It doesn't have the options I would have chosen in a custom rig but it should at least answer enough questions to decide how much I want to invest in a long term set-up. If nothing else I'll have something to hang on the patio this summer.

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MJ
    You will end up with another Hammock I bet. Hard to stop at just one.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' - Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    WL OMW or Tadpole
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/kevlar
    Images
    Added to me previous comment. If you setup your hammocks w/ continuous loops you can switch out from hammock to hammock for your testing. Works great until you infect some other poor souls and they want to hang too, then you will need additional suspension (or send them off for their own after you get them hooked )

Hammock
    Currently Yukon double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bags
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    I'm sure I'll end up with more than just one. Probably pick up something to set up that I wouldn't care if the kids play on for when we are family camping.
    I did order some cinch buckles from Dutch, so aside of bug net and insulation I'm ready to go. I'll DIY something for now.
    I have a 40* bag that zips down the middle so that should suffice for a top quilt. Just have to figure out something for keep the nether regions warm.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Daddio, I also started with an Eno DN/Kelty Noah 12 and have since migrated to a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC/Superfly setup. I am a big guy and the Eno just never felt comfortable to me like the XLC does. The Eno is now my trunk hammock/camping kids hammock/gear hammock.

Also, regarding lay, every time I got into the Eno I naturally went to a left lay (head right feet left) but when I ordered my XLC I got the standard right lay ( head left and feet right) and the transition was seamless. Its not something that ever bothered me. YMMV tho.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Currently Yukon double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bags
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Well, the hammock is here, the suspension is here, now I just have to find somewhere to hang. Being that I saw 113* yesterday, the likelihood of a daytime relaxing hang in the near future is unlikely. I'm going to have to head for higher ground. Maybe a Flagstaff trip is in my near future. I'll hang it at home to at least get the suspension attached but I don't have anything good enough to support my weight, so as bad of an idea as it is I'll probably test in the field. I'll bring a tent just in case.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123