View Poll Results: Anyone else with this issue?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO RESPONSE

2 100.00%
  • SLOW RESPONSE

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

OES e-mail/web contact

I have tried to contact OES 6 times since last summer to resolve an issue I had with my tarp. No response in either way of contact. Tried direct e-mail and through the website. I don't know if this is normal business operating procedure or just a bad email that has everything screened to junk mail . Brian are you to busy for your customers?

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    This is not Brian's personal or business website, simply an area of Hammockforums sectioned off for discussing products from OES. Therefore addressing him directly here is simply an effort to publicly shame him. I realize that you may be frustrated, but that's just poor form.

There's a long history of issues of this nature from this vendor - just taking 5 minutes to read past threads in this sub forum and your poll is not necessary. From all reports he's much improved things in recent times - why not try shooting him a PM here on the forums, rather than calling him out.

Good luck.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Maybe try messaging him on Facebook, I recently noticed that he has responded to a few folks there.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    The website and direct e-mail should be a suffice point of contact. I the customer shouldn't have to hunt him down via social network or forum . I have dealt with many vendors i.e. Dutch, HG and so on and received fantastic service on top of product. The poll is to see how many other forum members have had the same issue. My poll is not bad form. Bad form is no response to paying customers.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL - Blue
    Tarp
    PahaQue Wilderness
    Insulation
    Sierra Sniveller
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I hate when someone gets no response from a vendor, and I hope they resolve your issue for you. However,
    Your poll excludes the possibility that others have received timely to exceptional response times. Thus, it's an example of a poorly designed poll because it contains options for only one side of the spectrum. No useful information can be gained from this poll as is.
    People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents. ~Andrew Carnegie

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    The purpose of this poll is to see how many forum members have had the same experience. So the information is useful to the side of the spectrum that might be or have had the same issue in past or present. Thanks for playing

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Helium33 View Post
    The website and direct e-mail should be a suffice point of contact. I the customer shouldn't have to hunt him down via social network or forum . I have dealt with many vendors i.e. Dutch, HG and so on and received fantastic service on top of product. The poll is to see how many other forum members have had the same issue. My poll is not bad form. Bad form is no response to paying customers.
    You are correct - it should be sufficient. But clearly it wasn't, and here you are directly addressing him on an online forum, asking why he won't give you the attention you desire.

What do you hope to gain through your poll? If you get 5, 10, 20 responses that all say "yeah, I had bad service" (I notice there isn't an option for "I got good service", simply "I got crappy service A", or "crappy service B"), what will that accomplish? As I said, all you have to do is spend 5 minutes skimming through this sub forum to answer your poll question. There's even a sticky at the top of the sub forum, that directly answers your poll question.

You clearly did not get the resolution to your problem that you desire(d) - I'm sorry to hear that. However since none of us here own the business, nor can we do anything to solve your problem, posting in this fashion here has only one of 2 purposes:

A.) you're trying to make yourself feel better - misery loves company
    B.) you are trying to somehow illicit a response from the vendor by causing a public scene, i.e. vendor shaming

You have provided no details of your problem, you haven't asked anything of the forum community, and you're outright dismissing suggestions on alternative routes you might be able to take to make contact and get the resolution you say you want. In essence, you're simply using this as a platform to air your grievance, through the passive aggressive guise of a one sided poll.

That's what I suggested was poor form.

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    The purpose of this poll is to see how many forum members have had the same experience. So the information is useful to the side of the spectrum that might be or have had the same issue in past or present. Thanks for playing

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...uying-from-OES

This sticky is 3 years old. Let's not put up the pretense that you're doing a public service by exposing some unknown issue.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Looks like public shaming to me, and not particularly constructive or useful. I'm proud to see so many HF members have viewed this thread and have not participated in your poll!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast