Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    Like the stand design. Are those alum military antenna mast sections?

BTW, it seems you guys found the muddiest hole possible to camp in. Bet all you gear came back with a brown coating.
    The stand poles are fiberglass with custom aluminum ferrules and tips designed and fabricated for this purpose by me and my team.
    Regarding the campsite- it seemed like a good location at the time! I was close to the action and amidst the fun-loving, Vegas Rover guys. Then the rains came. And the snow. And more rain.
    The entire campground became a swamp. Vehicles who had to move found they were trapped in the quagmire, and several had to be extracted by Wolf in his camper-conversion deuce and a half. Beware the dangers of parking on a dry lake bed! The entertainment factor was high, however, watching that seemingly unstoppable, ex-military rig spinning its ten tires, mud slinging and sideways sliding in its efforts to drag 45' diesel pusher motorhomes through a slalom course of spectators, stranded vehicles, and porta johns. After that first night I went looking for drier ground. A small grove of trees at the perimeter of the event showed promise, so I unclipped my 'beeners from the stand, slung my gear like a hobo stick, and made the move. The hammock life is a mobile life. The stand stayed on display for any interested passer-bys.
    Considering the total mess that became the venue grounds, I managed to keep my camp kit very clean- but of course, that's one of the primary reasons I hang- to stay clean

Journeymanproducts.com
    Design it. Share it. Make it.
    Together.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    This is amazing.

How do we keep updated on the sale of this in the future?

My stupid association doesn't let me hang in the trees so having this to put up in the driveway/yard and take down would be awesome.

Also would be great to keep the in the truck with the hammock in case of emergency relaxation time.

Thank you for the interest.
    When I have a more polished product ready for general release, I will announce its availability in this thread and to the community at large.
    If you have thoughts on this stand you'd like to share, I encourage you to do so here and keep the conversation going.
    If you are interested in becoming an early tester for the stand design or have a design of your own that you'd like to discuss, PM me for more information.

Journeymanproducts.com
    Together.

Here are some pics of the stand in various configurations taken during my recent travels -

Dual legs @ each end, three sections per leg. Good to around 300lbs tested.

Dual legs @ each end, four sections per leg. Good to around 220lbs tested.

Single leg @ each end, three sections per leg. Good to around 200lbs tested.
    Last edited by jmanprods; 10-23-2016 at 11:15.

Journeymanproducts.com
    Together.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by jmanprods View Post
    This is a prototype stand I designed, created, and traveled with as I crossed the country by motorcycle that spring.
    The updated and much simplified version of this stand...

Shane
    Very interested in where you take this. I'm a motorcycle camper and would be very interested in a product that could be packed on my Sport Touring Bike.

Keep us in the loop...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I weigh about 290 and I tried Shane's prototype at the Fall MAHHA 2017 in PA. It held me just fine. It does require 2 fairly deep auger type stakes on either end of the hammock stand. I like the baker style lean to style. It works well with a bug net equipped hammock This kit is very handy for when you have no trees. It is clearly for motor bike or car camping as the kit is made mostly of fabricated fiberglass poles. I wonder how this would perform in a sandy beach setting. This would make going to Assateague Island a joy, as there are no decent trees there. Thanks for the Demo Shane! i will be on the lookout on the forum when this product becomes available. Will the pricing be similar to the TATO hammock stand?

T. Holzhacker

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12