Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    Oh yes. I have scoured the internet for anything MMP, including other forums where you talked about buying it.

The video is helpful in knowing what the differences are, but it is a very different construction, so I'm looking for experiential information now, and everything I read and watch, other than that one video is on the previous model.

I'm pretty much sold on the the concept at this point. How can I not be really?
    Maybe you should buy it and then let us all know if it's any good .

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    Maybe you should buy it and then let us all know if it's any good .
    LOL!!! Maybe I should.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    So what did you decide?

I've been considering the MMP as well, but uncertain if it is the best option. I haven't found many easily available alternatives though. The Kifaru Omni Yoke looks pretty good, but only available in quantities of 30+ for the last couple of years. The Mystery Ranch NICE frame also looks good, but doesn't look like it is available stand alone any more.

For me, my main concern is that I do a lot of motorcycle camping and some backpack hunting. I figure I could just strap the MMP to my luggage rack and it would be much easier to access everything.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Hi Cicerone,

I've decided to get it.

MacEntyre has been entyrely patient with all the million questions I've had for him and now I'm just in the process of figuring out the financial side of it, which includes figuring out what I need/have stuff sac/rain cover/ pouch/bear canister - wise and what I can get away with not having right now. I suspect my load won't be as tight as I'd like in the beginning.

The truth is, now that I know about the MMP and I *get it* (didn't when I first saw it a few years ago), I find everything else so limiting. Plus MacEntyre is willing to fit it to my body, so custom sized, which will fit my needs more. This means I've measured my body a million times. Ha ha!

I take my bike, Gladys, out once in a while when I'm not doing a thru-hike (rare but it happens), and in considering this, I thought I could take the belt off, maybe wear that or strap it to my bike handles, and strap the back panel onto my bike rack. If I can do it on my bike, you should be able to do it on your motorcycle? The other alternative is for you to dismantle it and put everything into your cargo hold (is that what you call it?) and just strap the stays onto your motorcycle somewhere, then reassemble it when you're ready to hunt (it would only take a few minutes).

I've looked at the other frames too, and for me and my uses, they are bulky and not as versatile.

My only beef with it, is how much time I'm spending thinking of all the ways I can configure it. Ha ha!
    Last edited by Singingcrowsings; 06-15-2015 at 10:12.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    Hi Cicerone,

I've decided to get it.
    Thanks Singingcrossings. I decided to get one as well. I placed my order last night. I waited to see if there was going to be another Father's day sale this year. I went with the standard MMP plus a couple of small pouches and a bunch of straps. If there had been a sale I would have bought the front pack and more pouches. I haven't made up my mind yet on the front pack, so I'll play with the backpack for awhile and see how much I think the front pack would help.

Thanks,
    Cicerone

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HMG DCF tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    I'm seriously considering one as well. My pack has been a MOLLE II pack. It's not bad for the price I paid, with lots of room, but it's a heavy pack. And it would be nice to be able to use one pack for every trip by setting it up differently. Keep us posted on how it works for you!

I have been playing with one I bought off the FS Forum and had MacEntyre upgrade a bit. THANK YOU MACENTYRE! I Love it!

So far it is light, Weight is 26oz, and it also fits everyone I have put it on so far it is so adjustable. Haven't pushed any limits yet. Next week we hit the Iola car show and swap meet. There are big and heavy purchases made there so it is coming along for public exposure and trial runs.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    FYI... I have developed a new MMP belt for women. It's got style, and it is tapered to fit your hips. I've offered one to SingingCrowSings to evaluate. I'll have a video soon.

I like the newest Molly Mac Pack a lot! A lot of construction issues have been solved, and it has turned out to be even more indestructible than before!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhemkb View Post
    I have been playing with one I bought off the FS Forum and had MacEntyre upgrade a bit. THANK YOU MACENTYRE! I Love it!
    You are Entyrely welcome!

That one was a test for me... I wanted to see if it was possible to upgrade to the newest version. Basically, I replaced the back panel and modded the belt. I thought it came out pretty well!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicerone View Post
    Thanks Singingcrossings. I decided to get one as well. I placed my order last night. I waited to see if there was going to be another Father's day sale this year. I went with the standard MMP plus a couple of small pouches and a bunch of straps. If there had been a sale I would have bought the front pack and more pouches. I haven't made up my mind yet on the front pack, so I'll play with the backpack for awhile and see how much I think the front pack would help.

Thanks,
    Cicerone
    That's great! You'll have to let us know what you think.

I believe the pack comes with a 3x3 panel now, so that should give you something to play with to give you an idea of whether you want the front panel or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Humneso View Post
    I'm seriously considering one as well. My pack has been a MOLLE II pack. It's not bad for the price I paid, with lots of room, but it's a heavy pack. And it would be nice to be able to use one pack for every trip by setting it up differently. Keep us posted on how it works for you!
    See, this would take some serious weight off and be versatile enough. At times you just want a pouch like pack, you can put a molle one on. So versatile!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhemkb View Post

So far it is light, Weight is 26oz, and it also fits everyone I have put it on so far it is so adjustable. Haven't pushed any limits yet. Next week we hit the Iola car show and swap meet. There are big and heavy purchases made there so it is coming along for public exposure and trial runs.
    Good to hear mayhemkb! I look forward to the day I have mine, but I need to be a lot more patient yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    FYI... I have developed a new MMP belt for women. It's got style, and it is tapered to fit your hips. I've offered one to SingingCrowSings to evaluate. I'll have a video soon.

I like the newest Molly Mac Pack a lot! A lot of construction issues have been solved, and it has turned out to be even more indestructible than before!
    Yay! And good to know about the indestructibility being even greater. I admit I'm not so gentle with my backpacks.
    Last edited by Singingcrowsings; 07-02-2015 at 15:23.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I stopped including the little 3x3 front pack gizmo, because I also eliminated the sternum strap. I'm trying to encourage folks to keep weight off the shoulder straps, and transfer it to the belt.

I guess that means I am not a big fan of front packs. If I could have an Earl, I would make a custom front pack for it, though!

A front pack panel works very well on bicycle or motorcycle racks, though.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast