Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll bet that the ridge line could be cut and a Dutch Biner put in. Disconnect, invert and reconnect the RL and the net would hang below the hammock just fine. I may do it when mine comes and I'll post up how it works out.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by doopie View Post
    Would love to see a full net option as bugs will eat my legs if I am in a silk liner in the summer or they drop from the trees into the hammock.

Raymond
    I'm thinking a 3/4 wit, something just long enough to cover your feet. I'd put some clothes or gear at that end to seal out the critters. Until that I am just fine with Dutch's full net.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    I slept in mine last night. I bought the 1.2 version. I found the bugnet very easy to adjust and it draped nicely onto my quilts. I can't report on how it did keeping the bugs at bay due to another low 40s night (no bugs were out). I like the simplicity, ease of use so far. Here are a few pictures with the bugnet pulled back. The front opens nicely (for lounging) but you are still definitely under the bugnet canopy with it drawn back.

This will be getting a full, rigorous test in a week as I have decided that this will be my hammock on my 107 mile, 7 day hike on the Long Trail in Vermont starting a week from today. Let's just say the black flies in Vermont at the end of May have made grown Men and Women cry come on Half-Wit!!

Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    I slept in mine last night. I bought the 1.2 version. I found the bugnet very easy to adjust and it draped nicely onto my quilts. I can't report on how it did keeping the bugs at bay due to another low 40s night (no bugs were out). I like the simplicity, ease of use so far. Here are a few pictures with the bugnet pulled back. The front opens nicely (for lounging) but you are still definitely under the bugnet canopy with it drawn back.

This will be getting a full, rigorous test in a week as I have decided that this will be my hammock on my 107 mile, 7 day hike on the Long Trail in Vermont starting a week from today. Let's just say the black flies in Vermont at the end of May have made grown Men and Women cry come on Half-Wit!!
    As a long time user of the Half Bug net (same concept) I salute your bravery at taking on the Late may/Early June black flies with a half net.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hexon 72"x11'
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ&UQ/DIY's
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Sweet hammock Dutch! Simple yet elegant.
    "The trees were like lace where the star-beams could chase, each leaf was a jewel agleam.

The soft white hush lapped the Northland and wrapped us round in a crystalline dream."

Robert Service

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post

what section are you doing? The trail is going to be in rough shape this time of year to say the least. Between the mud and the bugs, I'd bring a life vest and body armor! But seriously, what section are ya going for?

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    what section are you doing? The trail is going to be in rough shape this time of year to say the least. Between the mud and the bugs, I'd bring a life vest and body armor! But seriously, what section are ya going for?
    Pine Cobble to Route 4. 107.5 total, 104.2 of the LT.

I've hiked this week for a number of years in the Adirondacks. Black flies get to much focus (in my opinion). If you are walking you are fine, if there is a breeze you are fine, if those 2 aren't happening a head net and permethrin take care of the rest. As for a dry trail....embrace the slop!!

Come on Friday morning.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    DIY Hammock and WBBB XLC 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incubat.
    Suspension
    BacktoStraps/Dutch
    Looks great, Dutch. I like the suspension selection.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Dutch, could u pl. add the oz weight of the suspensions to the specs list.

I was thinking that the Half Wit would be pretty cool under the cypress trees in Okeechobee and my birthday is in June!!! Love that NylonD burnt orange.

Hammock
    Night Owl
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator/BA Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and a loop.
    Looks like that's my next hammock. You put everything together that I wanted. A bugnet that's not in the way, lightweight, suspension options, and knotty mods. I also love the length. I'm right at 6' so it is always hard to decide 11' or 10' as I'm right on the edge of where people say the 11' helps. Being a large guy, which fabric would do best for 300 lbs.?
    Do a Good Turn Daily!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast