WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

question about converting a clark to whoopie slings

For those of you who have converted their clark to whoopies, if you just threaded the larkshead thru the end channel, did it affect the lay of the hammock? The reason I ask is, I used to have a claytor, and did the same thing---it seemed like with just a whoopie thru the channel the shoulder squeeze was much worse. (I didnt know if the Clark had the same issue? ) Thanks for the info!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Clark NX 250 or NA
    Tarp
    WB MambaJamba
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutched-out w/WS
    Images
    I used a 15" continuous loop through the channels (doubling the thickness), then hook both ends of each loop onto Dutch's whoopie hooks (spliced to the suspension). I've had no issues at all with that.
    "I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went ... then it dawned on me!"

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the info!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    I replaced my clark ropes with DD hammock's whoopie sling kit and I haven't noticed any difference in lay at all. Just a lot easier to set up the hammock and adjust the lay

Hammock
    NX-150
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Z-liner/DIY baffle
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    I replaced Clark's suspension with an All-In-One Whoopie Sling with no ill-effects. I did it just as you described, and have never looked back . . . .

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by StormKingHiker View Post
    I replaced Clark's suspension with an All-In-One Whoopie Sling with no ill-effects. I did it just as you described, and have never looked back . . . .
    So heres the deal, I use a very simple suspension---whoopie sling, toggle and marlin spike hitch and a tree strap with a loop at one end. (no dutch bling or carabiners involved) My question is........................do I just thread the fixed end of the whoopie thru the hammock channel and larkshead it in place, or would I be better off making a chain loop, thread it thru, and then larkshead the whoopie to the chain? (and do you go thru the channel twice with the chain or once? also, is there a video some where telling you how to make a chain?) Thanks for the help guys!

--unknown

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Like prob I also use continuous loops through the channels, but with the loop going through a rappel ring (drip ring), larksheaded on itself with the fixed end of the whoopie larksheaded onto the drip ring. I clip the whoopie into a 'biner at the looped end of, or into a larksheaded shortened end of a tree strap. I also clip the tarp into the tree strap 'biners.
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    NX-150
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Z-liner/DIY baffle
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    Here is a short video that I used that explains how to put the whoopie on the Clark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgrxJv2Z3Tg

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    do I just thread the fixed end of the whoopie thru the hammock channel and larkshead it in place
    I did exactly that. My setup is precisely as you describe: whoopie sling, toggle and marlin spike hitch and a tree strap with a loop at one end. (no dutch bling or carabiners involved)

Works like a charm. No need to over think this part of the hammocking experience

Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    So heres the deal, I use a very simple suspension---whoopie sling, toggle and marlin spike hitch and a tree strap with a loop at one end. (no dutch bling or carabiners involved) My question is........................do I just thread the fixed end of the whoopie thru the hammock channel and larkshead it in place, or would I be better off making a chain loop, thread it thru, and then larkshead the whoopie to the chain? (and do you go thru the channel twice with the chain or once? also, is there a video some where telling you how to make a chain?) Thanks for the help guys!
    On my Clark NX250 I just replaced their rope with continuous loops. This did not change the lay at all. If you larks head the whoopee sling to each end it will function perfectly.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast