Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Yeah, kinda weird. It looks like your Incubator is well made but they kinda missed an important part. One thing I don't understand. You said, "When I went to do the same on the other side, there wasn't a cinch-thingy there."

So there's shock cord through the channel, and there's a cinch lock on one end of the shock cord, then is the shock cord inside the channel? If so, where does it go? Is it just hanging out inside the grosgrain channel and never exits?

Having a hard time getting my head around it.
    I mean there's nothing there. No cinch thingy. No shock cord in the channel. Not even a hole in the channel where shock cord can be fed through.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P Chang View Post
    I mean there's nothing there. No cinch thingy. No shock cord in the channel. Not even a hole in the channel where shock cord can be fed through.
    Yep, sounds like you gotta ship it back since it appears they didn't run the shock cord through the grosgrain channel, make the holes, and add cinch-locks on one end of your quilt.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Yep, sounds like you gotta ship it back since it appears they didn't run the shock cord through the grosgrain channel, make the holes, and add cinch-locks on one end of your quilt.
    Yeah...sigh. I sent them a return inquiry via their website explaining the problem and will now await an answer. Fortunately, it's quickly warming up here in Alabama and thus my 20 degree UQ isn't needed at the moment (I can get by with my pad). Just an inconvenience...not exactly the end of the world.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I learn by the just do it method. I watched the demo. When there's no one within 100 mile that's ever heard of a HG UQ that's all you can do. Also when you freeze your a$$ off on your first hang, that tells you to make adjustments. Mine gets re-adjusted for my wife's hammock if she is with me. I use different hammocks on occasions which require adjustment. I have a couple Jarbrges the Grandboys to use so adjustments are made every time for their hammocks as they use different hammocks.

Yes it would have been nice to have had help to learn but there was none. When you just do it, it becomes easy. Didn't need anyone to tell me it wasn't right. I knew it was not correct when I woke up cold. When I stayed warm all night I knew it was correct. Simple.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    In our family we have a JRB nest and underground quilts underquilt for hammocks. The Nest has points for running the tie outs through, which my wife does as she doesn't like the hammock closing in on her. My son has the UGQ, and usually stakes the tie outs in warmer weather. The quilt has no problem closing the gap between quilt and hammock. In cold weather the tie outs are just tucked under the hammock.

Youd be hard pressed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123