Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P Chang View Post
    I then pulled the shock cord through the small cinch-thingy, which makes the opening of the Incubator on that end close up (see above photo). When I went to do the same on the other side, there wasn't a cinch-thingy there (see below photo). My guess is the cinch-thingy is the foot end since my upper body weight should put enough tension on the hammock to lower the other end to the Incubator. I also guess this is why the S-biners are different colors...so when I set it up I'll know the tan S-biner goes to my foot end.

Attachment 107571
    There should be cinch-locks on both sides, head and foot. I don't even see a hole for the shock cord to go through the channel. You might need to talk to HG about that.

Is there a hole for the shock cord to go through? If so, you might just need for Adam to send a cinch-lock.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 04-28-2015 at 16:27.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    You might want to read this thread to familiarize yourself with the HG suspension.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ght=suspension
    Although I greatly appreciate Adam taking the time to make that informational post, I am not a text based learner. I am hoping to find a good video of step by step set up of the underquilt using the s hooks and some info about proper cord placement and adjustment specifically with the tie out lines. Maybe I should just rewatch some of shug's videos

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stabzmcgee View Post
    Although I greatly appreciate Adam taking the time to make that informational post, I am not a text based learner. I am hoping to find a good video of step by step set up of the underquilt using the s hooks and some info about proper cord placement and adjustment specifically with the tie out lines. Maybe I should just rewatch some of shug's videos
    I don't think there is a video. Fronkey talked about making one but I don't think he ever got around to it. You might want to go to a group hang or find an HF member near you to help.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stabzmcgee View Post
    Another thing to add. It really doesn't matter what kind of learner you are; it will be very difficult to get the UQ properly fitted without assistance from someone. You need to lay in the hammock, and have an experienced UQ user adjust the suspension to eliminate gaps. I own three HG UQs and have never been able to adjust them by myself.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Along both sides of the Incubator, are little triangle thing-a-ma-jigs.

Attachment 107574

I'm guessing these things are to attach it to the hammock, but I haven't a clue how to go about doing so. I did have an epiphany and wondered if I could at least attach one of them on either side to the hammock pullouts, but they don't line up. In fact, the hammock pullout point is in the middle of two triangle thing-a-ma-jigs, so it's not even close. Grrrrr!

Yep, you're guessing. The triangles are for ground sleepers using a pad.
    I thought the triangles on the sides of the Incubator are there so that you can run lines up to and/or over the ridge line, to hold it up if so desired. Either way, they're not designed to line up with any particular hammock or tie out, sadly.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    20 HG Set + 50 TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    There should be cinch-locks on both sides, head and foot. I don't even see a hole for the shock cord to go through the channel. You might need to talk to HG about that.

Is there a hole for the shock cord to go through? If so, you might just need for Adam to send a cinch-lock.
    No...no holes for a shock cord to go through. So I guess they forgot to complete the Incubator. Ugh...now I'll have to send it back to have that done.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    ...I thought the triangles on the sides of the Incubator are there so that you can run lines up to and/or over the ridge line, to hold it up if so desired. Either way, they're not designed to line up with any particular hammock or tie out, sadly.
    Ignore what I said - I'm tripping. I was thinking about topquilts.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 04-28-2015 at 22:36.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    No...no holes for a shock cord to go through. So I guess they forgot to complete the Incubator. Ugh...now I'll have to send it back to have that done.
    Yeah, kinda weird. It looks like your Incubator is well made but they kinda missed an important part. One thing I don't understand. You said, "When I went to do the same on the other side, there wasn't a cinch-thingy there."

So there's shock cord through the channel, and there's a cinch lock on one end of the shock cord, then is the shock cord inside the channel? If so, where does it go? Is it just hanging out inside the grosgrain channel and never exits?

Having a hard time getting my head around it.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I use a HG 20° Incubator all the time. No one has ever helped show me. Took about 3 hangs to get it perfect for me. Sometimes a minor adjustment is needed if my hang is a little different. After a few hangs it real simple.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    I use a HG 20° Incubator all the time. No one has ever helped show me. Took about 3 hangs to get it perfect for me. Sometimes a minor adjustment is needed if my hang is a little different. After a few hangs it real simple.
    You must be one of those text-based learners. I'm not trying to make quilt adjustment out to be a difficult job, but it's definitely easier if somebody with experience eyeballs it for ya. I had silentorpheus or ratdog eyeball all of my UQs when I first got them, and haven't adjusted them since.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast