AHE New River Short, Reg, Long Dimensions

I'm sure this information is around somewhere. I would like to know the length and width of the quilts and can't seem to find it on this or the AHE site. With the same on, I was thinking of getting one. I was considering the New River short or the Jarbridge. Does everyone find the width of the Jarbridge adequate?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The widths are approximately 45" for the short and 48" for the Regular and Long.

The Length is something we don't get into because the finished length of the quilt does not relate to the usable length of an underquilt when you're looking at full length quilts. On a partial length quilt your legs extend beyond the ends so you can relate to where that will hit you when measured. On a full length your legs don't extend but the end channel that gathers the quilt to close it around the hammock "eats" up several inches of usable length. That length is not relevant to the use of the quilt....it's 2-4" on each end btw. But if you're trying to use that finished length to judge which length quilt to pick you will be disappointed having likely picked a shorter length than what will actually fit you. Pick the appropriate length designation based on your height and you will get a quilt that will fit your length rather than you trying to judge if the measurements work out. The quilt will be several inches longer than the max height we recommend but just so that it actually does fit you when in use on a hammock.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Thanks Paul. That helps. I am 6' 2" and was thinking of getting the New River short vs the Jarbridge. Kind of a 7/8 size underquilt or something. After thinking, the Jarbridge is more cost effective as a partial length so I just need to decide full length or partial. I have wide shoulders as well so I thought maybe the New River short would be better in that area.

Thanks again.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I see.

The short NR would come out around 6 foot-ish. Probably hitting you in the heels/ankle area when cinched lightly...so you would still need some sort of pad.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Good deal. I figured I would need to cover the feet or maybe lower calves. Everyone loves the Jarbridge, I'm just not sure. Seems like many folks ponder the full length vs partial length question.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Hennessy
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just received my New River Long and it fits me perfect. I am 6'4 and I couldn't ask for a better fit. Definitely got a bang for my buck with this quality piece of gear. Thanks Paul!

• + New Posts