Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

i feel like this is a problem with my new tarp... can I get some help?

Well I didn't notice the problem Intel today when I was outside during the day I notized the four main tie out points on my tarp the stitching around the reenforcement is about to compleetly rip off the whole tie out...
    used this tatp maybe 12 nights or so most of which in my backyard so it's still really new just got its little while ago it's my UGQ winter dream tarp... this was already my favorite piece of gear flawless stitching looks amazing! but this is a problem... I have a picture of it I'm trying to figure out how to post it on here.
    any ideas...?[AIMG][XFLOAT][AIMG][XFLOAT][/XFLOAT][/AIMG][/XFLOAT][/AIMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Looks like it is super tight in the picture. Perhaps too tight me thinks. Can you get a good pitch without over cranking on things? And that's a pole mod of some sort?
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    Looks like it is super tight in the picture. Perhaps too tight me thinks. Can you get a good pitch without over cranking on things? And that's a pole mod of some sort?
    It's not over tight those folds are from the door not being pitched just pushed to the side and yah I had it made with the pole mod for each end
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Is it possible the pole is the cause. I don't know, I'm just trying to help you get the cause figure out. Without the pole does it pitch tight and not looked as stressed?
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor Like Fire View Post
    Well I didn't notice the problem Intel today when I was outside during the day I notized the four main tie out points on my tarp the stitching around the reenforcement is about to compleetly rip off the whole tie out...
    used this tatp maybe 12 nights or so most of which in my backyard so it's still really new just got its little while ago it's my UGQ winter dream tarp... this was already my favorite piece of gear flawless stitching looks amazing! but this is a problem... I have a picture of it I'm trying to figure out how to post it on here.
    any ideas...?[AIMG][XFLOAT][AIMG][XFLOAT][/XFLOAT][/AIMG][/XFLOAT][/AIMG]
    Send an email to UGQ, they have great customer service iv'e been told and will surely know why your having this issue.attach your pic to the email.
    Hard to tell from the picture but it does look like it's pulled alittle too tight.

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    This is a result of how the tarp is reinforced. Basically the reinforcement area is small, and it causes higher stress at the stitch line vs a larger reinforcement. This stress is stretching the fabric.

If this is cause for concern or not, I wont say, but just because the seam holes are stretching out doesn't necessarily indicate it's about to fail.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    This is a result of how the tarp is reinforced...
    I completely agree with this, although I can't tell from your photo is the fabrics threads have broken or are displaced.

I would contact UGQ and see if they will retrofit larger reinforcing patches.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    I still have a good amount of give in my tarp tenssioner and it's not pitched in a tight storm mode either that's why is at its not stretched to far. See that was my thought about the small reenforcement as well but this is also my first tarp using pile mods so I'm not sure if that would effect the street on it or not. Just contacted them waiting for a reply atm.
    I love the tarp I just want this situation fixed I don't Wana be out in a storm and the hole tie out point just rip off at some ppint so trying to get it fixed before it could rip.
    Paragon Fury

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Paul will resolve it for you. Send him an email and he will do whatever is needed to make you a happy customer.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Paul will resolve it for you. Send him an email and he will do whatever is needed to make you a happy customer.
    Paul and Missy own both dream hammock as well as UGQ right? I have had some recent things worked on ontoy dream hammock shipped it to them they fixed it and even sent it back with some new woopie slings! (Mine were old and fraying haven't had the extra $ to replace them yet) if both of these company's are ran buy the same people then I have no doubt that my tarp will be fixed up!
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast