Hammock
    DIY Gathered End Robic XL Fabric
    Insulation
    HG 20 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings

Survivor Multicam Camo Asymmetrical

I was wondering if anybody has gotten their hands on HH Survivor Multicam Camo Asymm? Their site mentions that "The rainfly is a new larger catenary rainfly of heavy duty U.S. made 70D ripstop nylon." I was wondering how this compairs to the previous asymm fly. Is the covverage area greater? Here is the link to HH for reference

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well, it wasn't mine, but, Ive laid hands on and laid back in, a newer/improved Survivor (Woodland, if memory serves.), and the fly was indeed substantially and meaningfully more expansive than that of an older Survivor I'd long ago acquired AND passed on, in trade. You'll still get the same old velcro hazing you've always enjoyed (Or not!), but with coverage you can now rely on and relax in. And, the cat cuts afforded a MUCH snappier pitch that I appreciated! My Deep Jungle XL silny asym parallelogram rainfly is the closest to it that I currently own, and it'd given me 6month's consecutive of superior defense against the worst 'n wettest of 2013's Spring/Summer monsoon season, here in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. I predict you'll be satisfied with the coverage, 'less you're really yearning for their hex-style acreage. - Interesting note: I'm 99% sure that the improved rainfly I'd test-laid was polyurethane coated. Strange thing to do to nylon. Polyester's a superior matrix for application of polyurethane coating. Nylon's wild stretch/contract tendencies strain a urethane coating and degrade longevity and integrity. One man's opinion.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End Robic XL Fabric
    Insulation
    HG 20 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by irondog View Post
    I predict you'll be satisfied with the coverage, 'less you're really yearning for their hex-style acreage.
    Interestingly enough the improved asymm/diamond shape is what I want. I have a HH ultralight asymm classic and I love the asymm style fly, although I have never had to use it in any kind of rain other than a light morning sprinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by irondog View Post
    You'll still get the same old velcro hazing you've always enjoyed (Or not!)
    Ahh yes, the ol velcro scratching on the leg. IMO quite possibly the only con I have with my HH. This is the reason I am considering the 2QZQ zipper mod.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Alright, well, you're not new to the Hennessy asym diamonds, so, nothing to teach, here. I, too, am pleased with the coverage, even 4 seasonally. I got the big poly/poly hex, but, to be fair and honest, it's really seen its duty sheltering tag-along, non-campy-type friends (And suspicious girlfriends.) who wonder just what is it I'm all the time doing where there's no cell service and no witnesses. Haahaahaahaaaahahahaha...!! I'm happy to hang 'em up under the Hennessy hex, and know there'll be no fussy issues with coverage or privacy. - Regarding the 2QZQ mod: I've never seen one in life, but the prevailing opinion here on the forum is that it's top-shelf work by top-shelf folks. If it were mine to mod, I'd do it. And, while I had them at it, I'd have 'em throw about 10,000 "husband's stitches" into that elephant's barbed wire birth canal, too!! So long, and 7 curses with it. But, as always... One man's opinion. Now, get you a Survivor and hang your own hang!
    Last edited by irondog; 04-18-2015 at 14:10.

• + New Posts