Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Got my SilPro Deluxe today. Although I was wanting the coyote brown, I got the forest green, and that's OK! The only tarp I have for comparison is the Kammok Glider. It's probably not the best comparison, but this is much lighter & packs down much, much smaller. On the scale, I'm measuring 13.10 to 13.15 ounces, so the weight on the site is pretty much spot on with what I have. That's including the stuff sack too.
    I hope to test it out this weekend, but if it performs as well as it looks, I'll be back for more!
    Quick shipping too!

Hammock
    DH 11' Freebird
    Tarp
    Kelty 9x9
    Insulation
    DIY Poncho/GoLite
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle Strap
    Images
    So Brian, are you still in busiess? I ask because I have tried to cotact you for the last 2 months in regards to a new tarp with utterly zero response. I can't find a phone number to contact you directly and I have never gotten a response from email. Now your email link goes nowhere and apparently the contact form is useless.

However I guess the wait is worth it as I now want the new SilPro tarp. If you'll ever respond I would be iterested in a tarp.
    ~Adventure Before Dementia~

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20
    Hey MotoBoss - shoot me a PM and I'll try and figure out why the emails aren't coming through!

- Brian
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

Hammock
    DH 11' Freebird
    Tarp
    Kelty 9x9
    Insulation
    DIY Poncho/GoLite
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle Strap
    Images
    Thanks Brian, pm sent.
    ~Adventure Before Dementia~

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Simply Light Desig
    Suspension
    Whoopie with Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Everything is finally live - take a look at our updated models at our site.

A brief summary of what the new Gen4 models can do:

• 5-10% weight reduction over our entire line
    • New structural polyester ridgeline greatly expands strength
    • New 20D silnylon is quieter and packs down to 50% of the size
    • Exclusive 'Zero Force' ridgeline tieouts offer the same strength that OES tarps always have. Don't accept less!
    • New SilPro polyester 20D x 50D (some of you may know this fabric by another name ) version of the MacCat Deluxe. Super low stretch premium model. When combined with OES construction, no downsides - just better performance. Most of the way towards cuben stretch minus the cuben fiber price. This tarp is my new go-bag tarp.

Check out the site for some new photos.
    Brian-

I'm about to get a tarp from you (as a fellow upstate NYer, how can I not??) and I wanted your advice. I'm using an 11 footer DreamHammock. I will probably use the tarp 3-4 times a year, and my primary use will be bike-packing so space trumps weight. Which one should I get?

Thanks!

hal

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    • New 20D silnylon is quieter and packs down to 50% of the size
    When I first saw your announcement I*thought the better packing was thanks to the SilPro fabric but seems I jumped on conclusion (and read) a bit too fast! I would have a question, then : how does the SilPro version packs compared to the (old and/or new) silnylon version ?

Thanks !

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    So I bought a MacCat Standard back in mid-May. Prompt service, no problems. Once I had it, I realized I wanted a different color ("stealth" grey would really stand out less than the brown, I thought) and so arranged to send it back and get my preferred color, along with guylines that I had forgotten to order the first time. Again, quick email reply, no problem. Sent it back in early June. Tracking says it arrived two days later. But now, weeks later -- no tarp, and have yet to hear anything.

From this forum, it looks like others have had some problems with delays from OEM... should I hang in there a while longer? I hate to be a whiny customer, but I have some bikepacking trips planned and need a tarp. I returned the (bulky, heavy) ENO one I had been using previously and can't really afford to buy a second tarp while I wait for the OEM to show up.

Brian, are you there? Just a heads-up with an expected delivery date would be great... I can see about borrowing a tarp if it's going to be a while.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That's unfortunate. After all the customer service issues (for which OES is renowned), it takes huge cojones to ship a tarp back!

I can't offer any suggestions - hope you get a tarp someday.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    O, hindsight.... I didn't do any research other than "hey this company sells tarps that are much lighter and nicer than the one I have -- cool!" (Now I know to check this forum. )

BUT Brian got back to me today, and is shipping out a SilPro replacement.

Generally I'm fine with waiting longer for a superior product from a small company. If it were some huge corporation I'd have been complaining up a storm. And the weather around here has been crap until now anyway.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Got my tarp today! Thanks Brian! Upgraded to SilPro, too.

This new fabric seems nice. Slightly more crinkly than the nylon but looks a bit tougher and definitely less stretchy, just from a backyard test.

Can't wait to try it out for real. Now I just need the torrential rains to slow enough to make the local trails passable (oh the irony)...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast