Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Me: Clarks from UL to NX 250, all moded.
    Yep, a loop or 2g. clip sewn into the foot of every one to hang gear sack. And clips sewn on all, into seams, for other accessories.

At my age, I can't think of the cramps and contortions required for internal access while i am in the hammock, and with top layer and zipper closure under tension of my mass. But, I'm sure Gary Clark tested the design.
    Those used to stuffing muddy clothes and boots in exterior pockets may wonder how to stuff and extract w/o risk of clumps and clods fall inside.
    I find more interesting that Clark resisted fashion to go long.
    Super durable gear.

Hammock
    DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Pending
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    November was the last sale I think. I got my Nx-250 in October, go figure. I got the new poles with mine. I wonder if it's possible to DIY some zippers inside it. Any thoughts on trying it. Or would I end up cutting a hole in an expensive hammock

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    so, when they list the weight on the clark website, does that include tarp and hammock? (I have no idea why I'm even considering buying another hammock,----I'm perfectly happy with what I have! It just looks really cool!) Also, how flat is the lay in a Clark compared to a bridge hammock?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    so, when they list the weight on the clark website, does that include tarp and hammock? (I have no idea why I'm even considering buying another hammock,----I'm perfectly happy with what I have! It just looks really cool!) Also, how flat is the lay in a Clark compared to a bridge hammock?
    Hard to say for sure but I believe, based on stated weight on other hammocks it would include the tarp. Clark seems to be notorious for information not lining up exatly - at least I have seen other people mention it as well.

if you look at the TX-250 (Without weather shield): http://www.junglehammock.com/product/tx-250/ Stated weight is 3lbs 6oz.
    If you look at the Clark spec sheet (This link is found at the bootom of all Clark hammock pages) http://www.junglehammock.com/resourc...ll_Current.pdf,
    the TX-250 (without weather shield): 3lbs 10oz - a difference of 4 0z. The spec sheet does not provide the weight of the weather shield but if the numbers are correct and some simple math one should be able to distinguish the weight of a weather shield for a given hammock between one with and one without.

I do not have experience with a bridge hammock so can provide no insight regarding that question. I find my TX very comfy as was the nx-150 I had before that. I do not find the Flex-180 comfy and that will probably be going up for sale.

Interestingly but not surprising I suppose - The NX-150/250 are no longer for sale. It looks like the only option going forward is access to pockets from the inside on that line.
    Last edited by VerticalX; 04-19-2015 at 19:08.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    ...At my age, I can't think of the cramps and contortions required for internal access while i am in the hammock, and with top layer and zipper closure under tension of my mass. But, I'm sure Gary Clark tested the design.
    Those used to stuffing muddy clothes and boots in exterior pockets may wonder how to stuff and extract w/o risk of clumps and clods fall inside.
    I find more interesting that Clark resisted fashion to go long.
    Super durable gear.
    I agree with your assessment however I still need to be mindful of how muddy gear is stowed and extracted with a FL UGQ Zepplin strapped on underneath. At this point I can't see selling my NX and paying the delta to get interior zippers.
    Last edited by Brian Miller; 04-21-2015 at 09:06.
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    I just keep a couple of plastic bags in the pockets into which I stuff my muddy clothes or boots and then into the pockets afterwards. My NX-250 still looks almost brand new after 2 years. It's almost annoying

I can't justify buying the NX-270 either, but it sure does looks like a very nice piece of kit and if I didn't have my NX-250 already, I would've bought it right away.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG &amp; HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    As much as I love my Vertex I'm not always camping with 2 people. Starting to think an NX-270 would be the perfect compliment. I have a few basic set-ups that might work better in the heat and humidity of late summer but for the other 10 months this looks perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMyk View Post
    As much as I love my Vertex I'm not always camping with 2 people. Starting to think an NX-270 would be the perfect compliment. I have a few basic set-ups that might work better in the heat and humidity of late summer but for the other 10 months this looks perfect!
    I'm not sure if you know, but your Vertex Z-liners won't work with a NX-270. I thought about that too, I figured I could save some $$$, but the NX-270/250 series has a larger hammock bed than the Vertex and won't fit.
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG &amp; HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Why am I somehow not the least bit surprised... I did ask them that question but hadn't gotten a response yet.
    Still think an Incubator 20 would be the better way to go on the singles anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMyk View Post
    Why am I somehow not the least bit surprised... I did ask them that question but hadn't gotten a response yet.
    Still think an Incubator 20 would be the better way to go on the singles anyhow.
    It's funny you should mention the Incubator 20. I just got one. It looks great, haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I ordered it on a Tuesday night, and it was at my door the next Monday....pretty awesome service. I'll do a review when I can acutally use it.
    J.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast