SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Weekend trip to Pinckney State Park

I know it's late in the game but I'm hoping to test some new equipment this weekend at Pinckney State Park in Michigan. I'm planning on heading there Friday (tomorrow-April 17th) after work (i'll get out at about 2:30pm) and stay there until Sunday morning. I've never been there before so it would be nice to go with someone. Would anybody be interested in going?

Hoping to test my UQ/new boots/etc.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckles
    Me and a group are hitting the trailhead at Portage lake on friday..we will be at green lake on saturday...we all have hammocks and we will be hard to miss since there is 4 of us hiking and should be 5-7 hanging out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckles
    Which campground will you be at? The Crooked lake one is what I assume..but there is also Blind lake...a hike in only campground. We are starting on the Waterloo side and hiking that way.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofolio View Post
    Which campground will you be at? The Crooked lake one is what I assume..but there is also Blind lake...a hike in only campground. We are starting on the Waterloo side and hiking that way.
    Still trying to figure everything out. Most likely Blind Lake...

I had a friend planning to go but he bailed so its just me! I've never been there so i'm still trying to figure out the trails and distances etc. I just called Pinckney but of course i got an automated message saying that they are all at lunch! lol
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Okay..so here is my plan.

Friday after work i am driving to Crooked lake and setting up camp. Saturday morning i will drive over to Halfmoon lake day use facility to park the car and then hike into Blind lake (about 5 miles). I will hike back out Sunday morning. I don't want to hike too many miles since i just bought my new boots last week and have obviously not broken them in yet.

I tried calling a few more people but too short of notice so oh well...

-Mark Twain

If you go in and park at Silver Lake, its 11.2 miles doing the long route or about 7 if you take the shortcut past the yurt to the sandpit and in from there. You want #9 site at Blind Lake. Imo, it is the only good site for hanging. Remember, no fires and the water pump is great. I was there a couple weeks ago and the outhouse was pretty clean. Enjoy your hike.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckles
    We may see you either at Blind lake or on the trail leading out to Silver/Crooked. Just look for all the ill equipped guys with military surplus, I wear a black and white scarf and am usually the pace setter. Hope to see you out there...sunday evening its supposed to rain and the winds are supposed to be decent starting saturday.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    If you go in and park at Silver Lake, its 11.2 miles doing the long route or about 7 if you take the shortcut past the yurt to the sandpit and in from there. You want #9 site at Blind Lake. Imo, it is the only good site for hanging. Remember, no fires and the water pump is great. I was there a couple weeks ago and the outhouse was pretty clean. Enjoy your hike.
    Thanks for the info. I'm pretty excited to try out the new gear. Unfortunately Site #9 is unavailable so i went with #2. After looking at the site pictures on the DNR website it looked like the next best choice. We shall see!

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    We may see you either at Blind lake or on the trail leading out to Silver/Crooked. Just look for all the ill equipped guys with military surplus, I wear a black and white scarf and am usually the pace setter. Hope to see you out there...sunday evening its supposed to rain and the winds are supposed to be decent starting saturday.
    Sounds good. I will be at Site #2 at blind lake on Saturday. Should be there around 3'ish. I'll probably be wearing a red shirt (and i'll be the pace setter for myself! lol).I'll look out for you guys.

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckles
    We ended up bailing out near Embury rd...made it quite far but we were sun burnt and blistered and still shaking off the winter fat.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast