Hammock
    Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles & webbing
    I am a toad and have both the zero and 20; I can notice a difference in the warmth, but I actually like the idea of 20 degree lynx with the thin mat. The 20 has served me well and I plan to use it tonight.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    Have you considered the 20 degree Lynx and buying the 2QzQ underquilt protector? Adds significant warmth and can be left behind....about 5.5 ounces.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I follow the same philosophy with quilts as clothing; i.e I can alway's delayer (strip down) if too hot and must be prepared to add layers if cold. The only problem is, how much you must add to go to the temperature you desire. Taking a 0º UQ up to 70º can be done; however, venting, adjusting your sleep ware, and the weight added may make it an unwise choice. Taking a 20º UQ down to 10º can be done with adding sleeping cloths and Pads; especially the Windshield Reflextex. Then again, going down to Oº may be more than you want to risk and could be an unwise choice; therefore a 0º + extra down is a smart addition of weight. Those that spoke about what range you are doing most of your hiking in, is the real key. I beleive anyone talking 3 Seasons should go with the 20º and supplement down as they test the lower limit to dial their comfort level in. I choose not to go when forcast calls for low's below 10º. (Yes I am a Chicken). If I find that I am missing to many trips, then it would be wise to add the 0º UQ to the gear list and sell the 20º or keep both. It really is the Chicken (20º) or the Egg (0º) first conundrum. I wish I was rich enough to afford it all!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12