Thread: Butt In A Sling

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA

Butt In A Sling

Shane at Butt In A Sling has done such a great job of customer service that I felt compelled to post my experience here.

On April 3rd We bought 6 DIY Hammocks Anchors and got them a few days later. These are really well made and very consistent. We have 220 grit sandpaper and a Dremel, so we really wanted to try the DIY.

After a few days, feet started to get cold. What if we took too much off… or too little? We became leery of leaving edges that might cause problems later.

I sent Shane an email at 6:01 am this morning asking to return the DIYs in exchange for finished anchors. Less than an hour later he replied back with an OK.

I placed the order at 7:29am and received a shipping notification from USPS less than 25 minutes later.

Now that’s service. THANKS SHANE!

Images
    That does sound like superb service indeed! Although, I do not know what you mean by these DIY anchors that you took too much off of resulting in cold feet?

Or, reading again, I guess you mean you got cold feet- as in scared to try it - about this DIY project? Yep, bet that's it, never mind!

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    That does sound like superb service indeed! Although, I do not know what you mean by these DIY anchors that you took too much off of resulting in cold feet?

Or, reading again, I guess you mean you got cold feet- as in scared to try it - about this DIY project? Yep, bet that's it, never mind!
    Sorry for the confusion. BIAS sells both the finished hammock anchors and the DIY (or unfinished). I was concerned with either taking off too much or not taking off enough, so we decided to do the exchange.

These are really nice. At the end of this thread Hammockfan, in Post #76, has 3 URLs to some videos describing their use:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ammock+Anchors

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks! When your requests came through, I was starting my postage for the day so it was quicker than normal. I got the DIY's in yesterday evening and you should have a credit back this morning.

Shane
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

• + New Posts