Bloodflow to the head

Hello, I am new on this forum.

I have a problem and it would be kind of you if somebody could help me find a solution or point me in the right direction.

I have a DD Jungle Hammock, DD underblanket, DD 4x4 tarp and a normal sleeping bag. I have sleep in this setup a couple of times but recently I had a bad experience. Had set everything up in my backyard. It was set to around the middle of my torso and it was a little bit higher then I normal do it, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    When I went to sleep woke up in the middle of the night with pain in head and shoulders and I felt dizzy. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. I can't find the reason why that happened. I think that the reason for the pain and dizziness was caused by blood flowing to my head. I have seen some threads about head- and foot-end of a hammock, but I am not sure if my hammock has that.

If anybody have experience or knowledge about what caused this and how to prevent it I would be grateful.

(if I have done anything wrong, misspelled or by any reason behaved in a unintelligent way, I am very sorry)

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    the DD hammocks do not have a specific head or foot end - that said you can make one by doing the foot end 6inch higher
    the dizzeness could have been caused from your hang bubt there could also be other factors (bad food/floo bug etc)
    the only way i see is to try again and if it happens then tweak (lots of test hangs)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Do you set it up with a 30 degree suspension angle or do you set it up as horizontal as possible? Do you use a pillow or anything under your head and neck? Were you maybe dehydrated when you went to sleep?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    DD hammocks tend to prefer a tighter hang angle than other vendors - due to the rigidity of the fabric - or so i learnt last night from my fellow hanger.

ShooTa - I will do as you told and just test to I find what feels right. I don't know about the "rigidity of the fabric" or the "hang angle", but I didn't have the problem before. I normally just hang I as horizontal as possible and that normally works.

Bubba - I made it as horizontal, because that is what I think I read in the manual. I didn't use any pillows. I wasn't dehydrated.

• + New Posts