Basic suspension system

So I'm definitely new to the whole hammocking thing and already made the mistake of jumping in too fast on my first purchase. In response, I am planning to ease my way in and figure it out as I go. I plan to pick up a GT Ultralight either locally or on Amazon just to get familiar with hanging. However, I'll need a suspension to hang it. I'm not really picking about what system it is as I need to learn anyway. However, I know there are a lot of members here who have tons of suspensions lying around. Would anyone be willing to part with one for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all the help so far. This place is crazy informative/addictive!
    Last edited by hewittdallas; 03-27-2015 at 11:43. Reason: Found!

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, HudsonR
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I'm a fairly new member, but will out myself as already having a ton of suspensions. P.m. me your snail mail and I'll send you two tree straps and two whoopie slings. You can larks-head them together for a compact system, or attach them with carabiners for more versatility and less fiddliness in threading the whole sling through the strap end loop. The GT hammock comes with stout steel hooks, which you can use to attach to the whoopie slings. But if you don't larks-head the slings to the straps, you could instead larks-head them into the hammock's end channels and save the weight of the hooks and their rope. I realize I'm throwing around a bunch of terms which may be confusing, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    I'm a fairly new member, but will out myself as already having a ton of suspensions. P.m. me your snail mail and I'll send you two tree straps and two whoopie slings. You can larks-head them together for a compact system, or attach them with carabiners for more versatility and less fiddliness in threading the whole sling through the strap end loop. The GT hammock comes with stout steel hooks, which you can use to attach to the whoopie slings. But if you don't larks-head the slings to the straps, you could instead larks-head them into the hammock's end channels and save the weight of the hooks and their rope. I realize I'm throwing around a bunch of terms which may be confusing, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Jack
    Wow, thanks! PM has been sent. Yes, I had to look up a few terms, but I'm pretty sure I'm tracking with you now.

Suspension found. Thanks!

• + New Posts