Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Sounds awesome!
    My problem is that I am only available Saturday, Sunday, Monday June 6-8. I hope we can work something out so I can join the party anyway, because last year was an absolute blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyscout1108 View Post
    That's what I was hoping after seeing the canoe. For all I know he could be a master canoe paddler. Should be worth a try
    Actually, he is. I felt fairly nimble in my kayak, but he was running circles around us in that friggin overloaded canoe. I had no idea that a canoe could do such things in the right hands.

I even type with a Dutch accent.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
    Sounds awesome!
    My problem is that I am only available Saturday, Sunday, Monday June 6-8. I hope we can work something out so I can join the party anyway, because last year was an absolute blast.

Actually, he is. I felt fairly nimble in my kayak, but he was running circles around us in that friggin overloaded canoe. I had no idea that a canoe could do such things in the right hands.
    Those are the primary dates (6-8) but i added the 5th as well if anyone wants to go up friday night like we did last year. This year we have a little better idea of what needs to be done so if at least 2 of us can show up friday we may be able to spot a car that day so we can just push off right away saturday.

i'm thinking a longer (mileage wise) paddle this time. That was great last time but it would've been over with really fast if we didn't have the flood water areas to go explore.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Gastar, Thanks for the heads-up on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
    I think the passage of time has clouded your memory Dennis. I was paddling in circles 'cause I was drunk. The canoe was overloaded mostly with hard cider. The fact that those circle were around you was just a serendipitous result of our proximity to one another.

I'm gonna have to do some shuffling at work to make this. Definitely want to make this trip. Such an awesome time last year. I'll let you guys know as it gets closer.

Longer sounds great Alex. Assuming I make it, I'd be down for that. Maybe start above the dam this time?

Hammock
    ENO double Nest
    Tarp
    House Fly
    Insulation
    ember quilt
    Suspension
    Atlas XL
    Where do you start / end. Might consider making a trip

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> I should have a new Kayak by then. Love to come! Consider the West Branch of the Penobscot River - amazing fishing opportunities as well as paddling!

~ SkyPainter

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That Penobscot area looks wild!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    I am going to be a possible on this one. It will depend only upon whether my dept is fully staffed at that point, which I hope it is. I wanted to get a canoe camping trip in this year, so, this may work.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    The Penobscot area looks awesome!! Especially if we did the Upper west branch. The downside is that it's REALLY far away and would take a lot of people a long time to get there. The other issue is there are only specific camping spots that may be full.

If we stuck with the Saco we camp almost anywhere, it's a great float, and we could do up to 48 miles total with multiple takeout points along the way for people who need to leave early, etc.
    734x636xmap.gif.pagespeed.ic.Ga3y0sUCV_.png

I know dingbat has some great knowledge of other places too that we've talked about before. I think if we can find a place that isn't crazy far for everyone to drive, has a lot of camping spots, and some nice scenary we'll be good to go.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Yeah we can't do Penobscot with our available days and hope to have much paddling time. It's a real hike up into Maine. Also, it can be class 3-4 Rapids which is way above my comfort level in a two man kayak.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    10.5" DIY 1.0 HyperD Lime Green
    Tarp
    DIY 11'4
    Insulation
    DIY 850 up/under
    Suspension
    Dutch bling Whoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Yeah we can't do Penobscot with our available days and hope to have much paddling time. It's a real hike up into Maine. Also, it can be class 3-4 Rapids which is way above my comfort level in a two man kayak.
    Agree also I was considering asking my 11 and 13 year old daughters if they are interested. They have been on the Saco day trips. Not experienced enough for white water.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast