Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex | Std
    Insulation
    Palisade | Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images

Zelph Mini Fancee Feest Stove

I am looking for the Mini version of Zelph's Fancee Feest stove. This one was slightly smaller than the one he sells now, the Mini is shown on the left.

Zelph FF and FFMini.jpg

If you've got one PM me or email me at h2ovolk at hotmail dot com.

Thank you.
    A hanging, though, was something different. I got to thinking. We hadn’t never been to nothing just to have a good time. A hanging was special and we was all getting to go.
    ~ Eddie Whitlock, Evil Is Always Human

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    Is it just cut down in height, or is it smaller diameter?

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex | Std
    Insulation
    Palisade | Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Is it just cut down in height, or is it smaller diameter?
    I think it's just cut down in height... hard to tell because there isn't any info out there any longer.
    Here is the old store link... http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/mini-fa...stove-only.php

I asked Zelph if he still made them but he has too many other designs that he's trying to stay on top of.
    A hanging, though, was something different. I got to thinking. We hadn’t never been to nothing just to have a good time. A hanging was special and we was all getting to go.
    ~ Eddie Whitlock, Evil Is Always Human

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by H2Oboy007 View Post
    I am looking for the Mini version of Zelph's Fancee Feest stove. This one was slightly smaller than the one he sells now, the Mini is shown on the left.

Zelph FF and FFMini.jpg

If you've got one PM me or email me at h2ovolk at hotmail dot com.

Thank you.
    Zelp sold these stoves for only a few weeks I do believe. I purchased one and it's simply a larger tea light candle aluminum with the standard "pot stand" and wick. The pot stand part is shorter but the same distance from the pot as the standard. Prior to zelph making these I was stuck on the idea of one so I was very excited when he made one.

Needless to say, it worked fine despite its lack of strength, I did have some burn issues so I sent mine back and right then he stopped selling them. I do believe I was the cause of him no longer making the zelph was awesome and refunded me and then some, but never sent me the stove back.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    I just made a very small fancy feest which works great with my small, 3.75" diameter pot. The stove boils two cups of water with only half an ounce of fuel, but it is slow to boil (13 minutes). Planning some mods to see if I can bring that time down. Weight is half an ounce. The stove's many advantages can be seen in one of the videos below. Easy to make.

Materials list:

-One empty can of mousse 1.75" diameter (for reference, a soda can is a bit more than 2.5" in diameter)
    -One empty can of something (Barbasol shaving cream, in my case) 1.65" in diameter
    -A small piece of carbon felt, about 1" x 5" (depends on the length of your cut mousse can)
    -A hack saw, or something similar to cut the cans (these are not flimsy like the soda cans)
    -A piece of sanding paper

How to (dimensions may vary according to your own preference):

-Cut the mousse can 1 or 1.25 inches in from the bottom. That will be the base.
    -Cut the shaving cream can 1.5 or 1.75 inches from the bottom. Save the bottom part for another different stove.
    -Cut the leftover section of the shaving cream can to be 0.5 to 0.75 inches higher than the mousse can section.
    -Make four equidistant notches in the bottom edge of the shaving cream can section. This will allow the fuel at the bottom of the can to flow out and be absorbed by the carbon felt.
    -Cut a piece of carbon felt to be the height of the mousse can, and long enough to go around the shaving cream can.
    -Wrap the carbon felt around the shaving cream can, and insert these two items into the mousse can.
    -Drill a small venting hole near the upper lip of the shaving cream can.
    -Pour 0.5 - 0.75 oz of fuel in the center of the stove. Wait a minute or two for the fuel to be absorbed by the carbon felt. Light up a section of the carbon felt.

References for better understanding:

Advantages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQVKLlLQjw
    Building instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2fPIvyme9I

Here you can see similar raw materials and the finished product (rough prototype):

Last edited by Gravity; 03-26-2015 at 06:03.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    The other day I saw one in the garage as I was cleaning. Send me an email with address to ship. No charge.....................got too many stoves laying around LOL
    Fancee Feest = preferred alcohol stove of "informed backpackers"

• + New Posts