Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images

OverCover for Hennessy

I just saw this on the Hennessy site. Must be kinda new. Will have to try one next winter:

OverCover for Expedition A-Sym and Ultralight Backpacker A-Sym
    The OverCover is uncoated 30D nylon with a breathing hole which fits over the mosquito net. It is intended to maintain warmer temperatures inside the shelter during dry, sub-freezing conditions. $24.95
    OverCover for Explorer Ultralite and Explorer DeLuxe
    The OverCover is uncoated 30D nylon with a breathing hole which fits over the mosquito net. It is intended to maintain warmer temperatures inside the shelter during dry, sub-freezing conditions. $29.95
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    I've got one. They came out the same time the SS did. There's a plate size hole above where your face is. It works great. The only bad thing is that it has to go on before hanging as the ropes go thru a loop at each end. I modified mine so that it just hooks to the unused fly hooks on my HH. That way I could put it on as an afterthought if the temps drop.
    If you must choose between two evils, opt for the one you've never tried before

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by btourer View Post
    I've got one. They came out the same time the SS did. There's a plate size hole above where your face is. It works great. The only bad thing is that it has to go on before hanging as the ropes go thru a loop at each end. I modified mine so that it just hooks to the unused fly hooks on my HH. That way I could put it on as an afterthought if the temps drop.
    I dont know how I missed it. I've looked at that site alot. Only saw the undercover/underpad.

Images
    If your using it with a SS you can tuck the ends into the SS ends and then bungee cord it to the hooks with the SS. There's a video on the Hennessy site for setting it up http://www.hennessyhammock.com/7instovercvr.html
    It tucks into the SS and really closes off the hammock tightly. With the SS on you can hear the air bellows in and out of the hammack through the head hole. And yes, you'll get condensation in there but it drys quickly.
    I'm using mine with a JRB underquilt so the mods I made were for use with that set up also. I think if I'd have kept using it with a SS I'd have made the hole bigger.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by btourer View Post
    If your using it with a SS you can tuck the ends into the SS ends and then bungee cord it to the hooks with the SS. There's a video on the Hennessy site for setting it up http://www.hennessyhammock.com/7instovercvr.html
    It tucks into the SS and really closes off the hammock tightly. With the SS on you can hear the air bellows in and out of the hammack through the head hole. And yes, you'll get condensation in there but it drys quickly.
    I'm using mine with a JRB underquilt so the mods I made were for use with that set up also. I think if I'd have kept using it with a SS I'd have made the hole bigger.
    No SS for me.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

HH over cover

When I use the HH overcover it stays on the hammock all the time. It is rolled and secured with a couple of velcro bands.

I switched to using a Gossamer Gear Spinsheet ground cloth. It is draped over the hammock and held in place by a couple of binder clips at the ridgeline.

http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/...und_cloth.html

The Spinsheet is multi-use. It can be pitched as a cooking fly or shade. Most nights it is secured with rocks under the hammock as a patio. It is the staging area for packing/unpacking.

The Spinsheet also blocks just enough wind on the bottom that it extends the range of the underquilt and keeps it dry.

There has been minor condensation/frost on calm cold nights, but most times it is used because it is windy and there has been no condensation.

It is noisy and flaps in the wind, but often when I deploy it I am busy counting the seconds between the flash and and thunder anyhow.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Hey HH stole my idea!

I have found that the breathing hole is not need, at least on the one I use on my DIY version. When you lay in the hammock your wieght opens slits at the head and foot area that gives plenty of air flow. I use shock cord around the perimeter and cord locks at the side tie out points. The cord locks allow you to adjust how big the vent holes are.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Like I said in my previous post it tucks inside the SS when used with it. So you need the air hole with that set up. I modified mine by taking out the attachment loops in each end and moving the shock cord to the top of the Overcover. I also put a piece of shock cord about nine inches or so down from the end to loop around the end of the hammock and hold it tighter against the netting in my HH so you don't get big gaps. It attaches normally at the guy outs, I run the guy lines thru it first and then the underquilt. It lets in more air along the edges than when used with the SS which I like. It could get a little steamy sometimes when I used it with the SS.

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Hey HH stole my idea!
    I wouldn't bet on that. I got an HH Under cover and under pad for Christmas in 2005. They were offering the Overcover with breathing tube then.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    My DIY version was loosely based on the HH model, so I know they have been out for a while. I didn't know they were selling the over cover seperate from the Super Shelter system.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts