Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think there will be nearly as much left over from a 20 inch piece as you think. IMO Wasted material is part of diying , by the time you figure out a way to divide up the materials and ship it to another person it really won't amount to much savings. if you want stuff cut to exact size, then maybe consider buying the commercial version .
    Last edited by JoshuaTrees; 03-24-2015 at 18:46.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    If you want to save weight and money then go with the aluminum flashing Dutch sells. He states on his site that the Titanium weighs 67g per square foot. The Aluminum flashing weighs 36g per 8"x12" piece, so that makes the Aluminum 54g per square foot. The Titanium is nice if you are making a caldera cone where it needs to support weight while under heat, but for just a windscreen aluminum is fine. Aluminum is lighter that Titanium, just not as strong or as resistant to heat.
    I never thought about that - thank you! AND the aluminum is only $1.25 per foot! And of course, I'm sure Dutch has introduced something else I must have since my last order.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12