Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayit View Post
    I like the Jungle Blankets, had to buy a five so far because every time a family member tries one it disappears. Perfect summer TQ IMHO.
    That Jungle Blanket weighs more than my 20F TQ!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Strap w/ Beet
    I just completed a micro fleece last weekend. I'll be testing it in a few weeks. I'll let you know what it turns out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tundracamper View Post
    That Jungle Blanket weighs more than my 20F TQ!
    That is the exact reason I returned the Thermarest Reactor and have order a 50* TQ at under 11 oz. and maybe under 10 if I am lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    This is what I use in warmer weather, and also to supplement in colder weather. Also use it while lounging on the couch watching TV 😊
    Haha, I came up with some specs and had my girlfriend's mom make me one of these. I though it was an original idea, lol. Had no
    clue someone was selling these. Anyway she ended up making me two of em. The lightest one i use in the summer for backpacking, the heavier one got livingroom duty, and its awesome! Its like a reverse snuggie.
    As far as backcountry use goes; its cheap, comfy, bulky, and heavy for the warmth. I like it though.

Hammock
    10'Argon DutchGear
    Tarp
    11x10HexDutchGear
    Insulation
    Jarbridge3S/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Toggles
    I agred the poncho liner is great for warm night's I folded mine and sewed it up like a top quilt works great. Also ive read alot about people saying the woobie is bulky to pack. The wobbie isn't made to be foled or rolled when packed. It's ment to be a gap stuffer inside your pack to fill wasted spaces. I don't use a compression bag for my sleep gear. Trash bag in the bottom of your Pac and stuff away lol just easier for me. I don't like things that have to be perfectly folded.
    Last edited by kessler556; 04-03-2015 at 09:24.

Hammock
    WBBB DL Multicam XLC, Roo
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Custom
    Suspension
    Webbing

I am interested to hear about how folks cope with the chore of getting in a bag liner while in a hammock. Even trying to get in a sleeping bag is like wrestling a python.

Most of my backpacking is in the winter, so I spent crazy $$$ on a 0* TQ and full-length UQ. I also made myself a 1.0 oz/yd2 nylon hammock sock to cut drafts. Being otherwise a cheapskate, I haven't bought any warm-rated quilts.

I use the winter quilts year-round in the Sierras, with venting. For warm-night (60F) low elevation camping, I ditch the TQ and cover myself with the nylon hammock sock. Two thin layers of nylon with nothing between them make an extraordinarily warm blanket (especially when your butt is getting roasted by 4" of down)

Try using the silk liner without getting into it: just tuck the edges around you, and use it as a 2-layer sheet. Should be warm and comfy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I have a silk bag liner that is actually split down the side almost to he bottom. Picture a silk top quilt. Almost like having a foot box. I don't hang much when it gets real hot here in Alabama, 80 degree evenings are not my thing, but it is plenty for those warm summer nights. I think it is a Sea to Summit
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    11 foot
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    This is what I use in warmer weather, and also to supplement in colder weather. Also use it while lounging on the couch watching TV 😊
    This looks really interesting. I've been going back and fourth about pulling the trigger on a 40 or 50 degree down tq to compliment my 20 degree burrow which I absolutely love. I have not yet due to the price, and potential of humidity in the summer. This looks real interesting and could maybe double to extend the low range of my 20 quilt for winter use. What temperature is this good down to? Maybe 55 or so???

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast