Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, CCF pad
    Suspension
    I switch around

Dialing In

Hi, I am busy dialing in my final (I think) config.... Couple of questions:

1. How in the heck do I get those WB triangular cinches to not be such a hassle? I put 'em on awhile back, but getting my straps to loosen is often a real pain. I've used whoopies / toggles as well as sliding cinches (like 'em but too heavy), etc, but wanted a simpler solution. This is simpler, alright, but not optimum imho. Should I re-fashion the continuous loop with a piece of amsteel looped BETWEEN the two triangles? Would that make loosening simpler?

2. What about the new speed hooks? Looks like they want to work with a dble-looped tree strap. Any comparison to the Cinch bug? Can I get the cinch bug by itself (without the straps, since I have plenty of strap material and plenty of amsteel)?

3. I like continuous ridgelines on my tarps. Specifically, I like the Hansen 'sliding ridgeline' method - fast, simple, easy, etc - I use it with a Dutch hook and a Dutch Flyz. But on my CF tarp, I have been using a line with prussiks (and a couple of dutch hooks) to allow sliding and centering - the reason is that I do not fully trust CF to be robust enough for the Hansen-style setup - it's a pretty tight pull. Am I being over-cautious with the CF tarp, and should I not worry about cinching the CF ridgeline on a Hansen-style rig?

Thanks All. Looking forward to the guidance.
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Cinch, Whoopie/Marlin, whatever
    JRB TQ with CCF underneath
    DIY tarps

"When In Charge, Ponder. When In Trouble, Delegate. And When In Doubt, Mumble."

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brancher View Post
    Hi, I am busy dialing in my final (I think) config.... Couple of questions:

1. How in the heck do I get those WB triangular cinches to not be such a hassle? I put 'em on awhile back, but getting my straps to loosen is often a real pain. I've used whoopies / toggles as well as sliding cinches (like 'em but too heavy), etc, but wanted a simpler solution. This is simpler, alright, but not optimum imho. Should I re-fashion the continuous loop with a piece of amsteel looped BETWEEN the two triangles? Would that make loosening simpler?

2. What about the new speed hooks? Looks like they want to work with a dble-looped tree strap. Any comparison to the Cinch bug? Can I get the cinch bug by itself (without the straps, since I have plenty of strap material and plenty of amsteel)?

3. I like continuous ridgelines on my tarps. Specifically, I like the Hansen 'sliding ridgeline' method - fast, simple, easy, etc - I use it with a Dutch hook and a Dutch Flyz. But on my CF tarp, I have been using a line with prussiks (and a couple of dutch hooks) to allow sliding and centering - the reason is that I do not fully trust CF to be robust enough for the Hansen-style setup - it's a pretty tight pull. Am I being over-cautious with the CF tarp, and should I not worry about cinching the CF ridgeline on a Hansen-style rig?

Thanks All. Looking forward to the guidance.
    Hey feller,
    For the WB triangle buckles check the video below at :45 secomds in. He shows how. Gets easier with a little practice.

CF tarps are very strong on thepull....would not worry about it too much.
    Carry forth.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, CCF pad
    Suspension
    I switch around
    Thx Shug -

Appreciate the quick reply! I'll give it a shot on the CF tarp.

Take care up there (I hear Spring is just a couple miles further....).

br
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Cinch, Whoopie/Marlin, whatever
    JRB TQ with CCF underneath
    DIY tarps

"When In Charge, Ponder. When In Trouble, Delegate. And When In Doubt, Mumble."

• + New Posts