DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
    Ah, I see now -- it's just whether your hook is in the loop or the sling. Seems like a toe-may-toe/toe-mah-toe thing.
    Not really, he has a very specific reason why he does it like that, just like I do with mine. Sometimes, folks do things differently because they just like it that way and I'm ok with that, but there's logic involved here and that's kind of refreshing.
    "Never corner anything meaner than you are...."-Unknown

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tipton View Post
    Not really, he has a very specific reason why he does it like that, just like I do with mine. Sometimes, folks do things differently because they just like it that way and I'm ok with that, but there's logic involved here and that's kind of refreshing.
    Yeah, I get it.

Unfortunately, that's too expensive of a route for me. With multiple hammocks, it just makes more sense for me to have one set of hooks.
    Last edited by dfscott; 03-19-2015 at 13:31.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    You'll accumulate gear as you go, it won't be long before you're looking to get rid of stuff. How do you like the Dutch Buckles?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    You'll accumulate gear as you go, it won't be long before you're looking to get rid of stuff. How do you like the Dutch Buckles?
    I'm a fan -- I got to the buckles after multiple MSH's started crimping my webbing. I know it didn't hurt anything, but it just aggravated the OCD in me.

But now having two adjustment points (buckles and whoopie sling) makes things overly complex (IMHO), so that's that I was thinking of speed hooks. But with speed hooks temporarily unavailable, whoopie hooks seems to be the cleanest.

Right now, I'm just trying to get used to my new PolyD -- I can't seem to get as comfortable in it as I did in my old ENO DN.

But I'm rambling now...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    I'm actually using my Speed Hooks as Whoopie Hooks and reducing it down to just one adjustment point does help. Crimped webbing doesn't bother me too much, if you go to Hooks, the fixed eye portion of the WS or Speed Hook lead has to be larksheaded to the loop on your hugger and it crimps the heck out of it. Doesn't hurt anything but if you're OCD............PolyD doesn't stretch much, could that be the comfort problem? I haven't used it yet.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    I'm actually using my Speed Hooks as Whoopie Hooks and reducing it down to just one adjustment point does help. Crimped webbing doesn't bother me too much, if you go to Hooks, the fixed eye portion of the WS or Speed Hook lead has to be larksheaded to the loop on your hugger and it crimps the heck out of it. Doesn't hurt anything but if you're OCD............
    With the MSH, I kept moving it from spot to spot (as I hung different places). It was the multiple crimps that bothered me. (Also made it hard to neatly pack it away.)

PolyD doesn't stretch much, could that be the comfort problem? I haven't used it yet.
    I think it's getting used to the smaller width. The PolyD is longer, but narrower (heck, everything's narrower than a DN). I switched more for the weight than anything since I'm backpacking more now.

I've only slept in it twice -- we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Yeah, I get it.

Unfortunately, that's too expensive of a route for me. With multiple hammocks, it just makes more sense for me to have one set of hooks.
    My first reason I did this was to save having to buy sets of hooks for each suspension. I used to just move the loops onto whichever hammock I was using. I only have two sets now so I always have what I need for two setups, that way I can put the cinch buckles in the one my wife decides to use. As a married guy, it's easier to have two sets but if my wife didn't hang I'd probably just use one, maybe...
    Yeah, I get it.

Brady

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    My first reason I did this was to save having to buy sets of hooks for each suspension. I used to just move the loops onto whichever hammock I was using. I only have two sets now so I always have what I need for two setups, that way I can put the cinch buckles in the one my wife decides to use. As a married guy, it's easier to have two sets but if my wife didn't hang I'd probably just use one, maybe...
    Ahh... *slaps forehead* now I get it. I didn't think about the fact that you could move the loops. Somehow I got it in my head that the loops wouldn't move from hammock to hammock. This is a nice setup -- in fact, I think I'm going to copy it!

Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Boom, enjoy!
    Brady

• + New Posts