Quote Originally Posted by Hobopelican View Post
I don't think there is much you can do about getting Fedex and/or UPS to be "Gentle". In a past life, I worked in a package development group for a large corp. The distribution centers for the carriers were setup with conveyors that were designed for speed and not gentleness. 2-3 foot drops were built into the system. We just had to design our packaging to survive. Of course, that is a lot easier for a corp with money to burn as opposed to the cottage industries we all love, where margins are likely much tighter.

That said, one possible idea that might work for this item is to slip a rubber washer around the end of each metal piece. That would provide a space between each piece without adding the bulk of bubble wrap. Just quick idea and I'm sure it can be improved on.

My bag came with no damage, but maybe bundle the stand without the bag? That way the shifting metal wouldn't be stressing the bag. You'd have to bundle the metal with strapping or bands of stretch wrap, though.

Ok, I'm done, and apologize for the unasked for advice! Love the stand and all the service Lori has provided.
Thanks Hobo,
Sorry we weren't able to get back to you sooner. We were thinking some of the same things you suggested for our packaging. We have picked up a matched touch up paint that we will provide. For any one that has purchased a stand that the bag or powder coating is damaged, please contact us on our website.
Tim